Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

Re: GTA V won't read disk, error (80010514)

Hi,

I have got the same problem - I've managed to have the game running a couple of times (just by re-launching it until success - usually 3-5 attemps). All other games work fine!

Found this online - havn't tried it yet, but it might help...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9LBHrRe8U

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 71 (8,089 Views)
0 Kudos

Same problem here. Considering changing the disk but I bought it from a shop 3 hours away and if it is just luck of the disk whats to say im not going.to get another dodgy one. This is a joke, had it 24 hours now, been attempting to get it to work for about 17.of them however ive currntly played less than 5 minutes
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 71 (8,030 Views)
0 Kudos

I either get disk startup error where it cant read the disk atall, crash before title screen or crash on loading story mode. Got into the game once then it crashed after about 3 minutes, got in again but was just stuck in the first room and no characters or anything were responding. On my 5th format and reinstall now. Tried so much, internet of, internet on, safe mode, restored ps3, formatted memory, deleted all other game data.. tired of this and got a feeling Sony are just going to continue to ignore the problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 71 (8,027 Views)
0 Kudos

The error 80010514 indicates a problem reading the disc. Follow the Steps in this guide and if the issue persists contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 71 (7,960 Views)
0 Kudos

Restore file system just worked for me. I hope the next gen is a lot more reliable then the current one (not the first time I've had blueray problems on PS3)

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 71 (7,893 Views)
0 Kudos

Okay people, no joke, I have discovered the fix! You're not going to believe me when I say this but I have tried everything. I have bought 3 different copies of the game, complete system format, rebuild databse, restore file system and this whole time all you have to do is as follows:

-Put in the disc.

-Go over to the game menu

-Select Play Game

-Now pick up your console and gently move it up and down as if you were cradling a baby

Voila!

I discovered it after watching this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OxKOR-jSl0

youtube . com /watch?v=4OxKOR-jSl0

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 71 (7,565 Views)
0 Kudos

INCREDIBLE HAHAHAHA WORKS!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 71 (7,522 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i am unable to call the playstation helpline as it is convineintly charged at £1.50 per minute.. however i have sent this e-mail.. wonder if there will ever be a reply and if there is i bet my non working ps3 and gta 5 that it wont solve the issue lol. i can see this resulting in 1 sold console.

since my last post i have changed the disk 3 times, repeated all of the above as well as the checks instructed to carry out on the playstation website ie looking for dirt, scratches ect.. but to no avail.

it seems to solve the 80010514 error we are being left to shake our consoles up and down lol... this seems to be working so i shall continue to do this until you come up with a more professional soloution however this does not help the fact that once the game has started it just crashes on the 'loading story mode' screen... 

i am not happy with this whatsoever and have already been in contact with trading standards who said someone will be getting back to me tomorrow. 

this is not acceptable and i look forward to your speedy reply with a solution! 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 71 (7,505 Views)
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks, we've got your e-mail and you should get a reply from one of our team within 24 hours.

^^ cool.. so im going to have had the game for at least 3 days without being able to play it, despite making the effort to purchase it on launch day. kudos all round sony... kudos all round.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 71 (7,495 Views)
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

thanks ukbiggs for your involvement !!

I have the same problem with the disk GTA V only (lol strange ...)  ...

I installed the game, fine, last night, started playing (20-30 mission) he worked fine no prob, and this morning i tryed to play and  i get the error message 800010514 ... great :smileysad: !!

I tried other games, bioshock infinite fifa 13 and AC 3  , no prob .

Please Help Us !!!

Thanks

Edit : Restore file system done but no match

played with fifa 13 (1 hour) and changed for GTA V but no match

Shake my ps3 like in a video you***e but no match (lol ...)

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 71 (7,387 Views)
0 Kudos