30 Sep 2013

Playstation Staff

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Freezes and Crashes

4 Replies 997 Views Created 30-09-2013

Hi all,

I am having a real issue with GTA V. I managed to get to around completing around 42% of the game without an issue, and now all of a sudden I am getting fairly regular freezes. When this happens I have to turn off my PS3. This is so frustrating, especially when I am in the middle of a longer mission. This can also happen when I am free roaming. The radio cuts out, then 2-3 seconds later it freezes. I have tried all the things I can think of, deleting large items off the hard drive and installing any software update available.

Is anyone else having this issue? If so, do you know of any fixes? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it’s making me enjoy the game a lot less.

Cheers,

Ben

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (997 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Freezes and Crashes

Try deleting the GTA V game data from the game data utility and booting up the game to reinstall
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (962 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm having the same problem.  I completed the game up to about 30-35%.  Now, it keeps freezing at different points.  I removed the game data files for a fresh install to the HDD.  Now, it freezes on the splash screen "Install Complete" and nothing.  I bought the PS3 bundle with GTA V(Blu-ray disc) just over a week ago.

I have tried everything. I'm about to pack this bundle up and take it back.

PlaystationNation, what is the deal?  You expect people to pay $60 for a game that you cannot fully enjoy!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (736 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

TREDinBIGD wrote:

I'm having the same problem.  I completed the game up to about 30-35%.  Now, it keeps freezing at different points.  I removed the game data files for a fresh install to the HDD.  Now, it freezes on the splash screen "Install Complete" and nothing.  I bought the PS3 bundle with GTA V(Blu-ray disc) just over a week ago.

I have tried everything. I'm about to pack this bundle up and take it back.

PlaystationNation, what is the deal?  You expect people to pay $60 for a game that you cannot fully enjoy!

Try running through Safe Mode options 3 and 4. Make sure you read the guide as some options will delete some data from your PS3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (713 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I performed each step suggested and I'm still having the same issues.  This is unacceptable for a well popular game that is advertised to the fullest.  Where the final outcome is that is sucks.

Playstation, help a consumer out!!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (505 Views)
0 Kudos