18 Apr 2012
Online Support
Playstation Staff

Guide to purchasing the Call of Duty MW3 Collection 1 DLC .

[ Edited ]
22 Replies 4,125 Views edited 19-04-2012

Hi guys,

The process for obtaining the Call of Duty MW3 Collection 1 DLC is slightly different from normal PS Store purchases. 

To make the process as smooth as possible I have detailed the steps below.

Enter the Modern Warfare 3 category on the PS Store via the in-store. 

Purchase the product called  Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare® 3 – Collection 1 and you will see the Purchase Completion screen displaying the message Thank you. Your purchase has been completed.  At this point you will not have to download anything. 

Select the "continue shopping" option then "back", this will return you to the Call of Duty Category.

There will be 7 different products, one for each disc version (e.g. BLES01429, BLES01433, etc).

Choose the version that matches the BLES code on your game disk (this code can also be found on the spine of your game box) and the 6 maps and access key will be added to your download list.

Download and install!

If you select the wrong version then don't panic, you return to the Modern Warfare 3 category at any time and select the correct version. 

Any questions please ask.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 23 (4,125 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Guide to purchasing the Call of Duty MW3 Collection 1 DLC .

This guide is greatly needed :smileyhappy: thanks SFZ
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 23 (4,099 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

this was a bit confusing at first, but i now like this better than what they had done before. by doing it this way, your guaranteed to get what you paid for. so no more of accidentally buying the game with wrong country code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My PS3 career don't end in November 2013... Trey for life!
----
>>REMEMBER TO GIVE KUDOS IF YOU LIKE>>> Thumb up!
----

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 23 (3,949 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Whenever I go to the downloads the only option I have is a BLUS code, yet my copy of the game says BLES 01428. Any idea why and how I can change that? Thanks for this advise, because this is definitely what's wrong and not letting me play the game. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 23 (3,847 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

XxFRANKnFURTERxX wrote:

Whenever I go to the downloads the only option I have is a BLUS code, yet my copy of the game says BLES 01428. Any idea why and how I can change that? Thanks for this advise, because this is definitely what's wrong and not letting me play the game. 

Sounds like your using the U.S store but have the Euro version of MW3. You'll need the U.S (BLUS) version of MW3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 23 (3,843 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yeah that must be it.. thanks alot tho, really appreciate the help bro!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 23 (3,836 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

HI,
I have the same issue, but other way around. Means I have the BLUS game disc and I can download only the BLES codes.
Can we change discs????
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 23 (3,797 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

HI,
I have the same issue, but other way around. Means I have the BLUS game disc and I can download only the BLES codes.
Can we change discs????
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 23 (3,795 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

You can't. Exchanging of codes and physical items aren't allowed through the forums.

Sorry.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 23 (3,782 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Sorry, I was so happy that maybe we can solve the issue that I/we have, that I forgot the rules. (I will try to manage it 1:1)

Nevertheless I think we are not the only MW3 owners who have this issue and the official support from Activison is questionable, but find below their answer. In case you have a better idea I open for that, but I would say to bring this people together under one forum could be very helpful.

"Dear Peter,

Thank you for your contact.
For future correspondence concerning this case, please refer to the following reference number when contacting Activision Customer Support: 00000000

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to use the DLC because of the BLUS and BLES code differences. Unfortunately we won´t be able to change the disc for you. Please always be aware that discs from a different region will always cause compatibility issues especially with downloadable content such as the map packs.

You will only be able to enjoy the map packs with a disc from Switzerland with a BLES code. You could try to change the disc with someone that does not want to play the DLC material. Another option is to sell the disc and replace it with a Swiss version. I do apologize that I am unable to change the US disc for you. I hope that in one way or another you will find a solution for this.

Thank you for contacting Activision Customer Support Europe. If you have any further doubts or questions, please don't hesitate contacting us again.

Best regards,
XY

Activision Customer Support Team
UK and Ireland Support
Mon – Fri 10.00 – 20.00
Sat 12.00 – 18.00
+44 845 5280 269
+353 1 9036 586"

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 23 (3,767 Views)
0 Kudos