05 Nov 2011
By FBZ1501
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

HDMI Control (Bravia Sync) has stopped working?

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 7,844 Views edited 31-03-2012

Hello,

I have a slim PS3 250gb, Sony Bravia TV and Home Thearter TV stand and have been enjoying the Bravia Sync HDMI control feature for years now....

I can navigate the XMB with my TV remote, use it to fast forward and pause movies etc and turn off all 3 systems with one power press on the tv remote.

The TV would even display 'Playstation 3' next to the HDMI 1 id.

However the HDMI control/sync feature has stopped working a few weeks or a month or so ago and i can't work out why??

All 3 systems have HDMI control turned on, I have tried reseting all of them.

My TV remote no longer controls the PS3 on XMB or in movies.

I can't turn on the tv and audio system by pressing the PS button on a controller any more.

But I can still turn off all 3 from the TV remote with one press?

My TV nolonger shows 'Playstation 3' as a device or finds it when I try to sync/update HDMI devices?

All cables have been checked.

I'm on fw 3.73 but wonder if these problems started around the fw 3.72 time when the auto update feature was fixed???

Anyone any ideas or suffering similiar issues?

Not a big deal i know, but it's driving me mad when it's been working fine for ages and now it's a mystery?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (7,844 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Re: HDMI Control stopped working??

Happens to me with my Bravia TV too on the odd occasion.

What I found to do was to first turn HDMI Control off, then Reset the PS3 to Default Display Settings. Then turn HDMI control back on again.

Sure you already know this but as a reminder (to reset)....

With the PS3 off, press and hold the Power button for about 5-10 seconds, or until you hear the Second beep.

I always let it switch back off however, so I turn on and hold, second beep, then third beep to switch off. All while holding down the Power button.

Seems to work for me, but we could be having different issues. When mine goes it totally goes, the Remote does not work and it cannot be found by the TV Device List.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (7,837 Views)
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have tried resetting it but I haven't kept to power button held until it turns itself off.
So I'll try that and you never know it might solve it.
I've even tried removing all other hdmi leads and plugging the PS3 directly into the tv rather than via the sony stand and it still does not recognise it when i search for devices??
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (7,823 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

GENIUS !!!

I did the extra.. hold the button down when resetting so it powers off and hey presto when i powered it back up it all works perfectly!!!

Thanks a lot mate!

It's amazing how tiny little things like that can do your head in but i'm chuffed to be back synced up! 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (7,788 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Haha, awesome.....really pleased that it worked for you buddy.

I know how annoying these little things can be when they refuse to work :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (7,759 Views)

Playstation Staff

GREAT! Found this thread through google. I was looking exactly for the same issue.

And you gave me THE solution.

Thanks!

It is when you don't have this feature anymore that you notice how important it is !

mikowi, 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (7,655 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Excellent!!!  This solution worked for me also.  Thank you very much for the contribution.

For several weeks now, I have not been able to turn on my Pioneer tv and receiver and I began to think that my PS3 was broken.

I am very glad I found this post.

Best Regards

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (6,504 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you so much.I love it when people are kind enough to help other people out!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (6,100 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Bravo! (or should I say Brava!!) solved my #1stWorldProblem of having to manually switch the TV ON. Kudos!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (5,322 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: HDMI Control (Bravia Sync) has stopped working?

Brilliant!!! It works. I was very disapointed when I bought my Sony Bravia that this features was not working for me. It worked on both my previous LG TV and my other Samsung. Couldn't understand how two Sony products wouldn't talk to each other???

Now I only have to press one buton... My life is getting easier by the day. :smileywink:

Thank You!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (456 Views)
0 Kudos