Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: How To: The DLNA thread

MysticGoat wrote:

FluxZero wrote:

I know its been mentioned previously by a few people including myself, but have your tried PS3Media server (Find it HERE). Of all the DLNA media servers I have found it the easiest to set up the easiest to use and the most efficient and stable.  What exactly are you looking for in a DLNA server?

I had heard  about PS3 Media server tho. I hadn't gotten around to trying it

I tried it......

I would like to say a big thankyou to the developers of PS3 Media Server. Where all the other media servers failed PS3 Media server has triumped, this obviously is WIP but it already is far ahead of all the other Mediaservers in its class.

If there is anyone out there that hasn't tried this program and is getting DNLA or Media server errors while using their PS3. I urge you to try PS3 Media server. It will have a setting for you !

MysticGoat wrote:

I have used

PS3 Media Server ********

Twonky *****

Tversity ****

Mediaplayer (vista)***

Vuze ***

Now all I want is remote operation of the PS3 Media player :smileyhappy:

From what i can gather, it seems to be an open source project.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 41 (2,908 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

MysticGoat wrote: 

Now all I want is remote operation of the PS3 Media player :smileyhappy:

If you have a PSP then you can do this via remote play.

Just set the Audio output to the PS3  and bobs your uncle, video remote for your PS3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 32 of 41 (2,931 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi All,

Long time no chat....  I have recently copied all my CD's to my PC in FLAC format. (i had already copied all to my PS3 hard drive ages ago). I want to play my music losslessy, so i converted my music library to WAV files and have attempted to stream to the PS3. My problem is that when playing a track, the music pauses every 10-15seconds for about 1 second and then continues. I have used multiple media servers included dbpoweramp's Asset, PS3 media centre, windows media etc etc but the same problem.

My theory is that my older PC doesnt have the processing power to decode the infoand stream to PS3 on the fly. My wireless network is fast enough so that isnt the problem. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

Also, I have considered just copying my whole CD collection to my PS3 as lossless WAV files. I can copy ok using windows media connect or Asset (only albumn art is missing), but this takes ages for 1 cd - and copying 150-200GB of info will take forever. If i copy via usb hard drive, the transfer is much faster transfer, but albumn and artist info is missing (this i cant do without). Does anyone know how i can get this info to transfer via usb hard drive without having to manually type in the albumn and artist info?

Failing that, is it possible to pull my hard drive out of the PS3 and copy the files from my PC to the hard drive via a USB case?

Cheers!!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 41 (2,750 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Bomber_Rock wrote:

My theory is that my older PC doesnt have the processing power to decode the infoand stream to PS3 on the fly. My wireless network is fast enough so that isnt the problem. Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

This is a very old thread but this is my reply:

No matter how slow your old pc is (within reason) it will still be faster than your wireless network. Even an 802.11n wireless connection (which your PS3 doesn't support btw) is as slow as a wet week once you add encryption. Get a cable down and you're instantly ahead and, if your PC's network interface supports it, get a gigabit switch or router too. You'll be amazed.

regards

Rob

regards
Rob
deader than the ANZ forum :( .
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 34 of 41 (2,577 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get the Media Server to work with Windows 7.  I was previously using Windows Media Player, but since installing W7 the share library feature is missing from the program.  A solution would be greatly appreciated as I  don't want to install another media sharing program, unless I can just us MediaGo 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 41 (2,534 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

I got Windows 7 to work really easily... the great thing is WMP12 doesn't require any tweaking for the mp4s to be recognised in the right place... Yay, no tweaking registrys or downloading codecs or anything.. :smileyhappy:

Go to HomeGroup under Network and Internet in the Control Panel.... There are Media Streaming configuration options in there... I don't recall actually doing anything within WMP12 itself..

If you have any probs, I'll see if I can detail it out a bit more for you....

Remember when I said I'd kill u last?? .... I LIIIIED!!
Uncharted Quadruple Platinum Club, 2008-12
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 36 of 41 (2,530 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have tried many of the media servers including WMP 11, TVersity, PS3, VLC and while all of them work easily and for the most part switch on and play, every single one of them jitters and stutters even through normal sd tv shows, doesnt matter if it avi mpgeg 4 or what ever, i can watch 10 - 20 mins of anything perfect then the video stalls intermittently and then the audio stalls to let it catch up, always the same and happens in every file format, even went and bought a new router Rangemax and same deal, i am using a quad core processor win xp and everything works fine, i have read a thousand forum entries about various setting changes and all the rest but to no avail, so now i am back on default settings in tversity and ps3 media server and the same result from each, 10 - 20 mins of perfect video and then the intermittant stuttering and delays, PS3 says 100 % signal strength no drams with online gaming or such, stream photos and all sorts fine and fast just video problems.

Any help would be appreciated

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 41 (2,148 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

PS3 media server works a charm, I also installed Kl Codec Pack n VLC Player. Currently using over Wireless goes ok, better to use wired connection for HD vids,
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 41 (1,880 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

u need a cable conection, i had the same problem over wireless, sweet when hoked up via cable. im Using PS3 Media server on 2.1Ghz Dual core, Wireless ok, HD not ok over wirelesss
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 39 of 41 (1,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

any 1 know if there is a good media server app for ubuntu linux 9.04 +, i got the ps3 Media server for it but cant get it to work

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 41 (1,743 Views)
0 Kudos