Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

Level 8

Re: How can I connect PAL PS3 to NTSC LCD TV ?

Can you give us a bit more detail please?

I'm guessing you are getting some sort of display, as you have been able to tick and un-tick the various settings?

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 40 (4,267 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 10

Musti_Zidane wrote:

Pleasee help me i have a pal ps3 i bought from abu dhabi and went on video output on the ps3 and it already checked standard pal and i tried all 720p 576 1080i 1080p and nothing worked please help me :smileysad:

Connect it up to the tv using HDMI

Unless the tv not HD then your need to use the av components :smileyhappy:

Also can i ask if the PS3 is used or new ?

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 40 (4,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

HDMI will not work

Use componnent

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 40 (4,262 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Well I don't get how its not working but you can select different video output format options, you must have a display to be able to see and set these otpions?
Unless your experiencing some sort of handshaking problem between the PS3 and TV, does the picture come and go all the time? Is it a fairly old HDTV?

I also don't get why HDMI wouldn't work when HD video output is not like the differences between NTSC and PAL. 1080P outputs at 1080p24, 1080p50, and 1080p60 formats all of which any HDTV doesn't matter where it was purchased as long as it is 1080P ready well be able to display the HD video from the PS3. The only problems that occur are when say a blu-ray's extra's are in SD format and start outputting at 480 when your TV only supports PAL @ 576 the rest of the film in HD will work fine though. (I used 1080P as an example, if your TV only supports 720P the same applies it still should work in any country) Unless again it's a handshaking problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 40 (4,254 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

i m hoping one of you can help me! I am in Canada for a few months and have braught my playstation3 with me from Europe (i guess its safe to assume this is a PAL, there is no sticker under it). I am trying to connect it to my hotel room TV, which is a pretty crappy TV not even flat screen, when i connect it and switch it on, the picture comes up but flicking up and down very fast, basically making it impossible to use. If i am lucky i can read some of the PS3 menu items on screen.

is there a way for me to use my PS3 in Canada? it is connected using the red, white and yellow cables (not sure what you call them). I also have a set of HDMI cables that the TV has ports for.

any advice?

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 40 (4,156 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi

I had the same problem.

You should buy component cable for PS3 (it costs about 10-20 $) and connect your PS3 with this cable to the TV.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 40 (4,148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

both HDMI and component are worth trying - the standard AV leads (as you have found), aren't :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 40 (4,143 Views)
0 Kudos

at the risk of sounding stupid .. what is a component cable :s ? can you send me a link to one so i know what i m looking for.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 40 (4,128 Views)
0 Kudos

ok so i ve connected it using my HDMI cables, and its now in colour, but the screen is still flickering up and down rapidely. Any advice?

i googled PS3 component cable and the results looked a lot like what i have.. which i thought was HDMI cables .. (the green, blue, red video cables + red and white audio ones)

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 40 (4,126 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

just to clarify - is it still flickering using actual HDMI cables (connectors look a bit like a flattened and squished usb connector) ?

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 40 (4,089 Views)
0 Kudos