Support

PS3 Support

PS3 Support

12 Jan 2012
By: RabidWalker Beta Tester 3743 Posts
Level 6
Accepted Solution

How do I back up data on the PlayStation 3?

1 Reply 1571 Views Created 12-01-2012

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (1,571 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Re: How do I back up data on the PlayStation 3?

RabidWalker wrote:

There are 2 methods of backing up date on your PlayStation 3.

1) Backup Utility- this is an option on the PlayStation 3 that allows you to backup and transfer the Hard Drives content to an external HDD. The external drive will have to be in FAT32 to enable the PlayStation 3 to recognise it, there should also be enough memory to allow for all the data on the PlayStation 3 to be transferred. If this is not the case then some data may not be transferred across (also not some data is copyright protected and may not be transferred over).

To find this option you will need to navigate to 'Settings' on the XMB, then under 'System Settings' > 'Backup Utility'. You will then have the option to 'Backup', 'Restore' (from a previous backup) or 'Delete Backup Data'.

2) Data transfer Utility- this option enables you to transfer data from one console to another one (including all existing users on the console) . You will need to connect the two PlayStation 3 consoles via ethernet cable and follow the process on screen. This will remove the data from the  original console sending the information across. There maybe some data that may not be able to be transferred, and trophies will be synced before the process begins.

This option can be forund under 'Settings' on the XMB, then under 'System Settings' > 'Data Transfer Utility'. There will be a screen outlining the process which you will need to read through, and you will then have the option to transfer from the original console or to the original console.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (1,570 Views)
0 Kudos