How do I use the PlayStation 3 Wireless Keypad?
The wireless keypad is a device designed to attach to the SIXAXIS and DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller.
To use the PlayStation Wireless Keypad you must have system software version 2.50 of higher. You can check the system software version by going to 'Settings', then to 'System Settings' and check under 'System Information'.
Pairing the wireless keypad:
Before using the keypad you must pair it with your PlayStation 3. The USB cable is not included but you can use the cable that comes with the console, this will also charge the device.
- Ensure the PlayStation 3 system is turned on, and switch the keypad on.
- Connect the keypad to the PlayStation 3 using the USB cable, the keypad will now be paired with the system.
Attaching the wireless keypad to the controller:
When using the wireless keypad, you should attach it to the controller.
1) Open the clamp
2) Place the wireless keypad over the wireless controller as shown, and then press down firmly to attach the keypad to the controller.
Using the touchpad:
When using the touchpad mode, the wireless keypad can be used like a mouse. You can use touch pad mode for cursor control in the browser. Move your finger over the area used as a touch pad. When you press the touch pad button, the touch pad indicator will light up and the keypad will switch to touchpad mode.
- You can calibrate the keyboard for touchpad mode, and must do this the first time you use the keypad.
- Switch the keypad to touchpad mode and then hold down the orange and blue button at the same time for at least 2 seconds.
- The calibration is complete and you will see the touchpad indicator flash once.
- Do not touch the keypad area or turn off the keyboard during calibration.
- You cannot enter text when the keypad is in touch pad mode, to enter text press the touch pad button again.
I am not able to sync my wireless keypad with my PS3. I have tried all the steps detailed in this post, but the lights on the keypad just flash continuosly. Nothing works! Please help. Thanks. p.s. I have tried pressing the reset button on the rear of the keypad, but the lights still flash.... The keypad was previously synced to another PS3, so it had previously worked ok.
- Select a Language