Level 1

Re: How to remove SingStar from PS3 Version 4.30?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 131 of 337 (1,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: How to remove SingStar from PS3 Version 4.30?

Worryingly the Games Apps section seems to have gone in this weeks store update. I know it was empty but thats where this singstar should most likely be, as an optional download.

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

Come on sony all these long forum threads and no response.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 132 of 337 (1,555 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: How to remove SinStar from PS3 Version 4.30?

Ive had enough of this Singstar homo crap on my XMB. My mates laugh at me seeing this!!!! GET THIS  ***** OFF.

Ive been telling my freinds and family that im selling the PS3 and going for the next Xbox when released just cuz of this shamefull Singstar junk. If its not off by then, then I WILL be doing this which will force most of my friends to do the same too.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 133 of 337 (1,529 Views)
0 Kudos

It pains me greatly but after the events of the past couple of years I am for the first time considering buying an xbox, that word really grates on me too after spending years defending Sony against those child like hooligans that play xbox, but Singstar only reminds me of my teenage sister years ago singing using her hairbrush as a microphone and that grates harder, some of you will understand my pain, so remove singstar please or I'll become an xbox gob*****e this xmas.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 134 of 337 (1,437 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Didn't $ony recently release a press statement that the "Hacked" custom firmware is malware? how ironic that the latest dashboard update contains "official" malware!

Remove this crap off my dashboard or I will wait until the hackers find a way to do it, and not doubt it will enable more on my console than you would like!!!

Will you ever learn $ony!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 135 of 337 (1,087 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I can certainly see 'hackers' gaining more support in their fight against Sony and their continued changes to the PS3 which we originally bought. Whilst I personally don't in any way condone hacking in any form or support 'hackers' in any way I can definitely see their point and wholly agree with their arguments. I just think there are better ways of effecting change but if Sony continue with their ignorant stance I just might be convinced otherwise.

My latest workaround to avoid the Singstar intrusion is to eject my game disk after each session (yeah, I know, I ought to do that anyway - but I don't) and simply stick it back in after I've turned the PS3 on without initially swapping to HDMI -3. After a minute or so I switch to HDMI-3 and there's my game and game background without ever seeing the kiddies game invading my space.

Well done Sony. Now I no longer look at what's new (my PS3 is still set that way) and, as an added bonus, I don't get smacked in the face with a second instance of the Store. For heavens sake, Sony, I do know where to look if there's something I want to buy.

Hrmph! - I just loaded up my Xmas background theme. Stupid freakin' Singstar is over-riding it and so is the second instance of the Store. This can't possibly be right. How can you, Sony. sell theme's that are immediately overwritten by your own malware? Someone somewhere will get this sorted out eventually I hope. This is pathetic!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 337 (1,048 Views)
Level 3

REMOVE THE SINGTAR SPAM ICON ASAP!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 137 of 337 (1,118 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

[ Edited ]

I was also chocked and immediately looked for a remove option!
I dont understand how people can defend such a lousy act! I pay for my games and its MY console.This is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

The blog is also closed now and even if it was open i didnt see a point posting there to be honest.

For this reason i made a petition here (sorry for my bad english)

http://www.change.org/petitions/singstar-marketing-not-appreciated-sony-computer-entertainment-europ...

I hope with enough votes Sony can re-consider.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 138 of 337 (973 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

It should be completely up to me whether it shows up on my XMB or not.

I can understand the need to want to advertise for a product, but this is less the act of an advert and more like what jehovah's witnesses do. intrusive and annoying.

If I have downloaded the app/game, then it is fair to have it in the games section.

but if I have NOT downloaded it, and you absolutely must have it on the XMB, then it belongs in the STORE.

the games section should be exclusive games I have downloaded and tools for the various memory cards (although those really belong in the settings if you ask me, but you didn't and it's a minor complaint... unlike the Singstar dung).

TL;DR: if I haven't downloaded it, don't show an advert for it in the Games-section of the XMB. EVER.

I will stop sponsoring your paychecks till you remove it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 139 of 337 (962 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I have put up with this icon for 5 weeks now Sony. Please remove it from the XMB. Its bad enough that we Advertising by putting the singstar icon on the XMB without an option to remove it but what is realy annoying is when the ps3 defaults to it when you eject a disk. This will more than likely be my last playstation. its a shame. I had my first PS1 in 1996 then two PS2 consoles. This gen i feel robbed. I dropped near 500 quid on a 60gb that YLOD after 14 months, Next a 349 quid 40gb bd drive packed its bags and walk after 2 years. and i think the slim i have now is on borrowed time, its done just about 2 years. NO MORE SONY thats over a grand I have invested into just buying hardware, thats before the optional extras. no matter what you try and force on me Sony you have already had enough of my hard earned so STOP TRYING TO MILK ME FOR MORE
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 140 of 337 (944 Views)
0 Kudos