23 Aug 2010
By: Devirginator16

4 Posts
Accepted Solution

I keep getting error code 80029780

30 Replies 14,368 Views Created 23-08-2010

Hi I keep getting error code 80029780 (game activation) this is all due to my brother deactivating it for a laugh how do I fix it?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 31 (14,368 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: I keep getting error code 80029780

It works on my other accounts but this one

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 31 (14,367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

It would seem be mainly be a case of 2 things, from what I can tell.

either you have 5 PS3s already activated with your account, or
PSN doesn't 'like' deactivating and reactivating the account very soon afterwards (possibly whilst the 'deactivate' is still working it's way through the system?)

Most people seem to have 'resolved' the second option by simply waiting - typically a few days unfortunately.

I'm assuming you get the error when trying to activate the system through the account management option?

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 31 (14,348 Views)
0 Kudos

yep that about right its the same for the video activation aswell

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 31 (14,340 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i have the same problem people, but @TTDegs what do you mean by 5 ps3 allready activated with this account. does this mean my freinds have a shortcut to get onto my account or something elce?

i had this come up wile i was playing mw2. i wasnt playing on the maps so i went and started a private match. the maps allthough i payed 20 F*****G quid for it wont work. i planed to download it again and the error code came up. (80029780) thanks if you do manage to fix the problem

Price: The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds on a suicide mission, but the sands and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare... they will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We will kill him.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 31 (14,253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

TomRules1234 wrote:

i have the same problem people, but @TTDegs what do you mean by 5 ps3 allready activated with this account. does this mean my freinds have a shortcut to get onto my account or something elce?

count at any one

i had this come up wile i was playing mw2. i wasnt playing on the maps so i went and started a private match. the maps allthough i payed 20 F*****G quid for it wont work. i planed to download it again and the error code came up. (80029780) thanks if you do manage to fix the problem

PSN only allows 5 PS3's to be activated on one account at a time. Allegedly this is to put off the game sharers.

Looking at some other forums it seems that another reason is activating then deactivating the user ID 15 times in one week. Once this limit is reached you need to wait a week, the count is reset and you should be able to get everything to work again.

Basically the error code seems to be activation based, but there could be several reasons within that heading. I would give customer services a ring 0844 7360595

Good luck

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 31 (14,248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

hey, i amit i did gameshare and gave my friend the mw2 map packs but what do i do to get back? do i just delete him? block him? or does he have to delete the data? im lost here people please help.

and il try to ring the customer services later on today. see if i get a responce

Price: The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is it's last day on Earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Outgunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds on a suicide mission, but the sands and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare... they will remember us for this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the Earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We will kill him.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 31 (14,211 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

TomRules1234 wrote:

hey, i amit i did gameshare and gave my friend the mw2 map packs but what do i do to get back? do i just delete him? block him? or does he have to delete the data? im lost here people please help.

and il try to ring the customer services later on today. see if i get a responce

You may have a problem there. All you can do is ask them nicely to reactivate your stuff. Unfortunately if they KNOW you have gameshared (they see your ID installing software on more than five PS3's) they are unlikely to help I suspect.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 31 (14,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

i could make a lie saying my ps3's always break down, so i buy another until this came up.. i might pull it off in the end.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 31 (14,200 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

The simplest way would be to ask (tell) your friends to deactivate your account on their PS3s - Sony are unlikely to help you with that though.

Plus (potentially) as you have now posted on here - the official Sony PS3 forums - admitting that you have game shared...

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 31 (14,169 Views)
0 Kudos