hi; i am facing the same problem sence i have done the last update. >>2.6<<
i tried everything even i did format my PS3 .. it still says the same thing when testing the connection '' OBTAINING IP TIME OUT''
i am using wired connection and also i checked the mac address everything seems to be right but no connection !!
Hmmm... the exact same thing happened to me. I updated to 2.60, upgrade failed, rebooted a couple of times and eventually the system came up. Check the System Info and it told me the that the system was now 2.60... thought; "Great, it took a while and failed a couple of times, but it seems to be working now." However, I recently decided to check out the Playstation Store through the PS3 and got the same error code. I am connecting wirelessly, but all my other wireless devices are operating properly (even the PSP). So I know the wireless is running properly. I event ried to connect in through a wired port, same error. I believe the update knocked out my network connection. The CAT5 cable showed the proper connect and traffic lights, but the PS3 software network driver seems to be KO'd.
1. Locate the PS3 MAC address number: Settings - System Settings - System Information
2. Open the software controlling the router. This is usually done my typing the router's IP address on your browser. ie http://192.168.0.1 Locate a tab for FILTERS
4. Slelect MAC filters.
5. Enter the PS3 MAC address from previous step as an allowable MAC address.
6. Save entry. At this point rounter will reset itself.
7. Go back and set up the wireless connection on PS3. Select all settings automatic or EASY as the case maybe