Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Accepted Solution

ISP/ Router Issue- Error code 80130182

[ Edited ]
31 Replies 28,438 Views edited 19-06-2012

my internet connection isn't working. it stopped a couple of days ago for no apparent reason. i'm going to install the new system update, and see if that fixes the problem. if it doesn't i'll get back to you. but what is error code 80130182 and what does it mean? what should i do to fix it. i cant access any online features.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
Zorigo[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
Beta Tester
/16

ads659

• Beta Tester
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ads659
Accepted Solution
Its down to a Router issue on your network 

1. Locate the PS3 MAC address number: Settings - System Settings - System Information 
2. Open the software controlling the router. This is usually done my typing the router's IP address on your browser. ie http://192.168.0.1 Locate a tab for FILTERS 
4. Slelect MAC filters. 
5. Enter the PS3 MAC address from previous step as an allowable MAC address. 
6. Save entry. At this point rounter will reset itself. 
7. Go back and set up the wireless connection on PS3. Select all settings automatic or EASY as the case maybe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: error code 80130182

/16

westsidewhitkid

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
westsidewhitkid
Accepted Solution
im connected wireless, the router is from linksys and its been doing it for a couple months
0 Kudos

/16

heineken44

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
heineken44
Accepted Solution
i tried to unplus my ps3 and turned off the power but i still wasnt able to get the connection threw it doesnt let me connect to my wirless even all it says is "connection timed out" for the IP connection
0 Kudos

/16

ALI-KO

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ALI-KO
Accepted Solution

hi;  i am facing the same problem sence i have done the last update. >>2.6<<

i tried everything even i did format my PS3 .. it still says the same thing when testing the connection '' OBTAINING IP TIME OUT''

i am using wired connection and also i checked the mac address everything seems to be right but no connection !!

0 Kudos

/16

Twopir

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Twopir
Accepted Solution

Hmmm... the exact same thing happened to me.  I updated to 2.60, upgrade failed, rebooted a couple of times and eventually the system came up.  Check the System Info and it told me the that the system was now 2.60... thought; "Great, it took a while and failed a couple of times, but it seems to be working now."  However, I recently decided to check out the Playstation Store through the PS3 and got the same error code.  I am connecting wirelessly, but all my other wireless devices are operating properly (even the PSP).  So I know the wireless is running properly.  I event ried to connect in through a wired port, same error.  I believe the update knocked out my network connection.  The CAT5 cable showed the proper connect and traffic lights, but the PS3 software network driver seems to be KO'd. 

0 Kudos

Beta Tester
/16

ads659

• Beta Tester
93%
06 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ads659
Accepted Solution
Its down to a Router issue on your network 

1. Locate the PS3 MAC address number: Settings - System Settings - System Information 
2. Open the software controlling the router. This is usually done my typing the router's IP address on your browser. ie http://192.168.0.1 Locate a tab for FILTERS 
4. Slelect MAC filters. 
5. Enter the PS3 MAC address from previous step as an allowable MAC address. 
6. Save entry. At this point rounter will reset itself. 
7. Go back and set up the wireless connection on PS3. Select all settings automatic or EASY as the case maybe
0 Kudos

/16

CYIMHI

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CYIMHI
Accepted Solution
Please some one help i was playing black ops 2 aswell. evrything was good till two days ago i tried to sign in and it would not let me comes up with the same error...
i ve tried evrything... unplugin d modem n waitin didnt work.. unplug d ps and modem and all wires conected to modem... nothing then i formated d ps3 to make it deffult. i made a new account and put my wirless adress n pasword n even tho i lost all my data!!! still says connection time out. and when i do a connection test it wont obtain the ip adress. now is been over five days and i fukn had it! please some one help how can this happend to so many people yet there isnt a simple way to fix... fuksake comon please helppp.
play station *****!
0 Kudos

Re: ISP/ Router Issue- Error code 80130182

/16

CYIMHI

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
CYIMHI
Accepted Solution
finally it worksss shiiit kkk dis is how to fix.
1st. restore playstation to deffult or format d ps3 if dat dont work.
2nd. while d ps is of dats with d read light on the power button hold dwn and dont let go till u hear a second beep. if dat dnt work
3rd. unplug ps modem adapters cables extentions anythn dat connects to wireless internet. wait a bit then plug alll back in. reenter ur wap key n stuff and it shud work.
hope it helps peps in d future.
0 Kudos

/16

nevafail_2261

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
nevafail_2261
Accepted Solution

I have two ps3's connected to the net one is fine and the other has this i dnt under stand what more i can do

0 Kudos

/16

zedhabibii

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
zedhabibii
Accepted Solution
guys, i tried everything possibly came to one solution.
i spoke to an expert, he simply told me that its not my PS3 its the config.
now heres the part people go wrong with, dont default your settings or whatsoever, your PS3 has simply been hacked.
Inorder for you to connect now make sure your ID is retrievable, after that go to your setting - config everything manually from IP to Sec DNS. Wuallla! it works.

P.S dunno how it gets hacked or whatsoever!
0 Kudos

/16

ISSINOVA

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ISSINOVA
Accepted Solution

Where is tha config

Spoiler

0 Kudos

/16

Mark21f

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Mark21f
Accepted Solution
My ps3 is giving a 80130182 error code and I have tried to fix my Ethernet but it's not working I have tired rebooting my router but still does not work please help
0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel