could it be a problem with the ps3-internal clock?
i remember, that the ps3 already had some problems with the calendar, and some of us will also remember the iphone alarm-clock problem, where the alarm simply wouldn't run.
maybe a summer-time related problem?
my ps3 is not my life but it would be nice if at least the stuff which worked before would still work. i hate it when i start a game and i have to wait until it's patched. that feature was very good.
and i don't trust in that router fix. not because i don't understand the idea behind it but because it worked before with the same router. we should not start to modifiy our hardware to workaround bugs.
It's funny. Right now my console runs the Automatic Updates.
What I did:
1. set the currently matching time frame (6-8 pm in this case)
2. set the system clock manually (basically just hit the X button to keep the current date and time)
3. set the system clock automatically
4. again set the currently matching time frame (6-8 pm in this case)
5. shut down the console through the respective XMB item
Right after shutting down the Automatic Update started. If SONY didn't change anything on their side, then I'd blame the console's internal calendar/clock.
Will do some more testing to confirm that Automatic Update keeps working.
Well, manually forcing the Automatic Update by selecting the currently matching time frame seems to work consistently now. Several game save files were uploaded and the Beyond Good And Evil demo started downloading.
I'll have the console start Automatic Updates automatically this night. Tomorrow morning I'll check how that worked out.
My notes from another post:
on 18-08-2011 12:21 PM
Ok, I think I've sorted it.
My system didn't auto update again last night, so have been playing around today.
Reset the internet connections setting and stopped using DMZ.
I then changed the date/time from 'manual' to 'set via internet'.
I changed the auto downloads time to match the time it was now, and selected it to be 'on' and then turned the console off.
The system then rebooted and I have the auto update message on screen.
This worked at the weekend when changing date/time to 'set via internet' so i think it's that.
Can everyone try the above and post back please. Thanks.
P.S. Remember to change the auto downloads time to suit you.
This worked for me so far. Will see if it keeps working on a daily basis automatically though.
Set auto update for between 04:00 - 06:00 and it DID NOT work. Played around with it again today and only way I got it to work was by turning auto update off, resetting date & time via internet option, turning auto update back on to my current time slot, powered off and worked again.
Therefore has nothing to do with my router or internet settings as not changed. This is a firmware bug that needs fixed as auto sync simply is NO LONGER AUTOMATIC
- Select a Language