25 Sep 2013
Playstation Staff

MY PS3 WONT TURN OFF???

4 Replies 517 Views Created 25-09-2013

Ok so while Im signed in and when I want to get off I hold down the ps home button and I turn off system then after like 8 seconds it says Currenly, [Automatic Update] is in  progress. After the peration has completed, the system will turn off automatically. If you press the O button, you will return to the home menu, but the system will no longer turn off automatically. So I press O and right now it says <Automatic Update (PlayStationrPlus)> The following saved data items have been uploaded to online storage and it's got all the games in a list so now when I press x ok and takes me back home please help how long does it take it doesn't say anything how much left to update so if it's happen to any of use please what do I do 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (517 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: MY PS3 WONT TURN OFF???

Dear Richmond_98,

Yank off the cable.

Regards,
I am not support.
AquaForce45.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (507 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This has often happened to me too, Richmond... 
I cannot claim to be a "Techie" or "Admin"...

The only way to bypass such annoyance, please ensure that your PS3 is attatched either by Ethernet, or Wifi, to your home ISP. Then run an Update "before" you start using any games, and/or Networking functions [such as PS Home, PSStore or Netflix]. Restart your device AFTER the Update, in fact, the PS3 should Restart for you. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (478 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

You need to scroll a lil to the menu ( i think its sexond or thrird one from right, to the last option which states download management. This will tell you what is being downloaded...
The time would vary depending on size of update/game
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Also, doing an AquaForce45 on it is not the best idea.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (284 Views)
0 Kudos