17 Feb 2010
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Maximum power that can be supplied to usb devices.....

[ Edited ]
40 Replies 44,424 Views edited 17-02-2010

Hi,

Past few days, there has been a message flashing in the top right hand corner of my screen when I'm on my PS3.

It reads:"The maximum amount of power that can be supplied to the usb devices has been reached. Please remove at least one device."

Now this would be a good thing... If it did that WHEN i have my headset or controller charging- it could tell me when its finished charging. However, even when I have nothing in the usb ports it does it. Sometimes i cant even charge my controller properly and this causes the controller to disconnect mid-game, and I die. ALOT.

I tried going through the settings to find a way to turn it off, but no luck =( HELP ME PLEASE

This is really, realy, really, really, really, really, really ANNOYING! Makes you want to buy an Xbox. And we all know, nobody in their right mind would do that!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 41 (44,424 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Maximum power that can be supplied to usb devices.....

[ Edited ]

Got any other wireless devices nearby? I had the same problem, unpluged my wireless keyboard which was right next to my PS3, and it fixed it. My guess is that two wireless devices are interfering with each other.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 41 (44,356 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i bought a new headse which worked for an hour or 2 but now its saying the same thing i only had one thing plugged in please help my headphones are completely broke

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 41 (43,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

RIP Out The USB Ports. [LOL JK]

--

Not Up-to-date, Yet...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 41 (43,366 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This happen to me, so I buy a new usb charging cord, and it stop doing it. It took about hour to stop saying it .

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 41 (42,337 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

blackhawk51 wrote:

Hi,

Past few days, there has been a message flashing in the top right hand corner of my screen when I'm on my PS3.

It reads:"The maximum amount of power that can be supplied to the usb devices has been reached. Please remove at least one device."

Now this would be a good thing... If it did that WHEN i have my headset or controller charging- it could tell me when its finished charging. However, even when I have nothing in the usb ports it does it. Sometimes i cant even charge my controller properly and this causes the controller to disconnect mid-game, and I die. ALOT.

I tried going through the settings to find a way to turn it off, but no luck =( HELP ME PLEASE

This is really, realy, really, really, really, really, really ANNOYING! Makes you want to buy an Xbox. And we all know, nobody in their right mind would do that!

Usually this message would indicate a third party device being used. The only way really to stop the message appearing would be to stop using the device.

Although a universal connection the device has not been designed for the PS3 so in rare instances that message can appear.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 41 (42,329 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yeah must be true. it started happening to me when i had my computer close by

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 41 (42,173 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

BlinkWinkel wrote:

Got any other wireless devices nearby? I had the same problem, unpluged my wireless keyboard which was right next to my PS3, and it fixed it. My guess is that two wireless devices are interfering with each other.

It is possible that wireless devices can interfere with one another although it is unusual that it should cause the error message relating to the PS3 USB ports. However as long as it works thats the main thing.

Generally this message would appear with third party devices (not designed for the console) so it would be best not to use these if the error persists.

If theres any further issues let me know,

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 41 (42,157 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So ummm i read what everyone had said so i turned off every wireless thing in the HOUSE and took off the bluetooth devices from the playstation too (headset, keyboard) but it still gave me the same notice... and i have nothing else connected to the playstation. Please help?? i wanna play but cant cuz my controllers dont charge.... oh and yes i am willing to buy a new charger but only LAST resort, if there isnt anything else i can do.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 41 (36,863 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

I assume you only get the message when the controller is connected to the PS3 via the charging cable?

If so, just replace the charging cable and it should start working.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 41 (36,840 Views)