13 Dec 2011
By emw80
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

My Block List list is full?

[ Edited ]
26 Replies 1,050 Views edited 16-12-2011

Not sure where this should have been posted, so i apologise in advance if it has to be moved.

Anyway,

Why is there a limit on people i can block?

I have the list maxed out but there's still more people i would have liked to have added to it, there's ~77 million users on Playstation Network?, so at least 500 would have been a good idea, I'm sure the block lists would take up memory/resources on the server, so if this limit could be increased without making a drain on these resources then please do guys, I dont block people who talk trash, we all do at some point and I'm old enough to deal with it, i only block those i know to be cheating and the racists, if you cant talk trash to each other without resorting to racists remarks then its a major fail.

What does blocking someone do besides stopping messages from them?,

does it make it less likely to put you in a match with someone you've blocked?,

I know it doesnt perma mute them like on xbox, because there have been quite a few times on Call of dooty where i have been put into the same game as some one i just blocked a few days/weeks before, but that would be a nice addition.

Also, the complaints proceedure needs to be easier to access, and during a game (if it's not already), as there has been plenty of people deserving of being reported but by the time you get to the XMB, you cant remember if it was iIIxXPrOSnIPeZXxIIi or IiiXxPrOsNIPeZxXiiI :Lol: and in my case anyway, I'd only be reporting serious cheaters and foul mouthed racists,, not trash talkers who throw verbal abuse at me as i can handle that, plus it's funny sometimes.

A suggestion I'd like to make, would be to give a reason why you're blocking someone, then that reason you give would be passed on as a complaint, no?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27 (1,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Blocked list full,, but why?

their is a limit to how many you can block?

Now that's a bit daft.

Should be unlimited

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27 (1,037 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27 (766 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

The friends list limit gets a new competitor, the block list limit :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27 (977 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ytevo79 wrote:
The friends list limit gets a new competitor, the block list limit :smileyvery-happy:

Now... I like the friend's list and I like the blocked list but which is better? There's only one way to find out

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 27 (971 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

FooFan73 wrote:

ytevo79 wrote:

Now... I like the friend's list and I like the blocked list but which is better? There's only one way to find out

This guy's hilarious, and even more funny when you try to count how many times he lick his lips during the show.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27 (957 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Why does everyone get hot over pressing the block button?

I've never blocked anyone on anything. :smileyindifferent:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27 (926 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Jacko_the_lad wrote:
Why does everyone get hot over pressing the block button?

I've never blocked anyone on anything. :smileyindifferent:

As we are not robots and do things our own ways!

Lost count how many people I have blocked on XBL, Counted the number of people on PSN I have bloacked 78

Below is a Signature

Sony are stabbing their loyal family customers in the back - We have 3 PS3s and 3 PSPs all on the same IP address and all registered with Sony. Why can't we use them at the same time anymore?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27 (918 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

You could just delete someone who you blocked a long time ago
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27 (877 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

If someone sends me abuse, I just delete the message and move on, and they don't bother me again.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27 (877 Views)
0 Kudos