PS3 Support

PS3 Support

26 Dec 2012
By: Boxerman83

5 Posts

Need Help with Pulse Elite Headset

16 Replies 1128 Views Created 26-12-2012

G'day All. Hope someone can help.

I have just got Pulse headset for Christmas and set it all up and works great. But then realized it mutes the TV while they are in use which is no good when playing 2 player or sitting down to watch a movie with the misses. My TV is setup with hdmi cable and I have changed the settings on the PS3 for multi audio out  and still the same I have also run the old standard cable to the TV to see if that made a difference but its still mute. 

Hopefully I have missed something, and someone can help me 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 17 (1,128 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Re: Need Help with Pulse Elite Headset

If it's a 2 player game there is no need for one of you to wear the headset, again if 2 of you are watching a movie there is no need for one of you to wear the headset so simple answer is dont turn on the headset when there is more then one person needing to listen to the TV sound and the sound wil come out of the TV for you both to hear.

There is no way or reason to have the sound coming out of the TV and headset while the headset is in use.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 17 (1,087 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

KALEEF wrote:
If it's a 2 player game there is no need for one of you to wear the headset, again if 2 of you are watching a movie there is no need for one of you to wear the headset so simple answer is dont turn on the headset when there is more then one person needing to listen to the TV sound and the sound wil come out of the TV for you both to hear.

There is no way or reason to have the sound coming out of the TV and headset while the headset is in use.

thats what i thought as well. i don't get why you would wear a headset whilst playing a 2 player game in the same room as another player... that just seems rude.

Surely it can't be that hard just to unplug them or turn them off!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 17 (1,082 Views)
0 Kudos

I see what ur saying but other headsets I have bought in the past don't mute the tv, there should be no reason for it to mute the TV they cost more than there predecessor and have more features. It just seems there is a flaw or something wrong or a setting I am missing.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 17 (1,067 Views)
0 Kudos

and also the headset is so you can have team match on psn and be in the conversation. and have a second player on a guest account so they can hear the action the in-built mic pics up the second player and repeats it in ya ear so not being rude and ignoring the other person we still talk just merely want them to hear the action. and im also partially deaf so when watching movies I need more volume than my partner
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 17 (1,065 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Boxerman83 wrote:
and also the headset is so you can have team match on psn and be in the conversation. and have a second player on a guest account so they can hear the action the in-built mic pics up the second player and repeats it in ya ear so not being rude and ignoring the other person we still talk just merely want them to hear the action. and im also partially deaf so when watching movies I need more volume than my partner

oh ok, that makes sense then mate! Not sure how to fix the problem then mate, i own a completely different headset (turtle beach px21's i think they are called.... need to get a new set though... thinking of getting triton ax720's... would like to get astro a50's but they are really expensive!),  and they don't mute the tv... in fact i have to mute the tv manuly (and even then the set up is a bit messed up because the volume control on the headset is very sensitive... goes from being almost silent to stupidly loud by just touching the volume a tiny amount!!).

Hope you get the problem sorted and  all that... (just so i have suggested something... if you haven't already done so try googling the problem)

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 17 (1,057 Views)
0 Kudos

Ok thanks for that I have googled it and all you get on google is reviews lol. (all Good Reviews)  It may just be the way they are but I have had a few other types of headsets and as you said you mute the tv manually and these have that feature that picks up sound around you so ur not being ignorant. And you can switch that feature off and hear nothing in the room so they are really good.

Thanks for your advice 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 17 (1,045 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

[ Edited ]

It won't do it.

The PS3 electonics have disabled all other out puts because they are not compatable with the FAKE virtual 7.1 sound that they are creating just for the headset to decode.

If you need higher audio volume get a set of inner ear head phones and connect it to the TV out and Change the volume of the head phone socket.

Now use a PS Eye or another usb external mic and place it between the two of you...

Select voice out to system defaults..

select the external mic for voice in..

SCE headsets are for single user only..

SCEE PS3/PS4 Beta Tester. Paid for NowTV subscription user from 03/2013 to 02/2014. VM cable user, SKY+HD User, Game Capture HD II Owner. Mobile 15 inch Screen Android kit kat 4.43 user.
Don't Need DLNA with a HTML5 browser in PS4...
Click for Plex.tv Beta video running on PS4 browser.. Enable the 1080p mode
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 17 (1,038 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

You cant have the sound coming through the TV while using the Pulse headset like you can't with its predecessor, well not since the update a while back which added side tone to it's predecessor.

I also have a pair of PX5's which allow both sound to headset and TV but they work in a different manner than the official Sony ones with thier dongle.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 17 (1,033 Views)
0 Kudos

Thanks for for all the advice I have found a way of using the headset for watching movies if you plug the usb adapter into a usb port on the tv it wirelessly send the audio to the headset without muting the tv.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 17 (973 Views)
0 Kudos