23 Apr 2012

Playstation Staff

Official Bluetooth Headset Help

3 Replies 130 Views Created 23-04-2012

I own the official bluetooth headset 1.0 and 2.0 and I recently purchased the 7.1 wireless headset. As such I no longer need to use the bluetooth headsets with my PS3.

I purchased a USB Bluetooth dongle for my PC a few months back and paired both headsets with it no issues.

Recently, I found that the 1.0 headset randomly turns itself off sometimes. Not a big deal since it takes like 10 seconds to turn it on again and re-connect.

The issue is with the 2.0 headset. It never auto-connects to my PC but it wasn't a big deal to me since I had the 1.0 headset as a fall back. But I just got a Vita on Tuesday and noticed it had bluetooth, so this way I could have my PS3 with the 7.1, PC with the 1.0 headset, and Vita with the 2.0, but the headset has the same issue with the Vita. It is found, syncs and connects no problem. But if I turn the headset off and later I turn it on I have to manually connect the headset in the settings menu, it does not auto-connect.

I tried holding the reset button in for a full minute and that has not fixed the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (130 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Official Bluetooth Headset Help

When using Bluetooth on a pc, the PC drivers determine how things are connected and for the headset it may simply just be the case that it can't connect. As for the PSVita. There may be an auto connect toggle where the headset is listed and if enabled it should auto connect.

First thing I'd do is re-pair each one and see if that helps.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (120 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I've re-paired it many times on the PC. As for the Vita the 1.0 headste auto-connects with no issues so it only seems to happen with the 2.0 headset on both the PC and the Vita.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (106 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Is the 2.0 headset able to connect to a phone or other device without disconnecting?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Kudos