20 Dec 2009
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset - How do you reset it?

21 Replies 37,484 Views Created 20-12-2009

How do you reset the official Sony PS3 Wireless Bluetooth Headset? I can't find a button.

There looks like there's a recessed button under the Mute button, but nothing clicks in there. Do I need to hold down a combo of buttons or something?

I ask as I had mine paired to my laptop and I now need to flush that pairing from the headset.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22 (37,484 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Re: Official PS3 Bluetooth Headset - How do you reset it?

I don't think it has a reset, you just need to sync with the PS3. If you use the mini cable plugged into the headset (not the base) and the PS3 it should automatically sync in HQ mode.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22 (37,459 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I tried to link the headset back up and nothing happens. I plugged it in and nothing.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22 (34,288 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

If your laptop is still turned on, disable the bluetooth stack or delete the automatic pairing.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22 (34,250 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I need to do this to because i deleted mine from manage bluetooth device and it wont re-sync. please help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22 (33,410 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

it doesnt work for mee

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22 (32,582 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

ok mine was trippin too but this wat i did i went to manage devices then deleted the bluetooth eevices i had then i got the ps3 charge cable and plugged it in then when i went to manage bluetooth devices it popped up but not as on then i unplugged from charger and turned it on and it popped up on the screen it had green next to it in the manage bluetooth devices menu thing. i kno ur situation involves a pc but i hope this helped u a little at least man

(X_Rip-N-Dip_X also advises on how to do an official reset)

Remove the bt headset from the base and unplug from the PS3. Then Hold the BT headset power button on until it flashed both green and red. That is pairing mode. Then search again. This should work.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22 (32,458 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks soo much man ! It worked !!! Lol I was trying fOr days lmao
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22 (30,840 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have re-synced my headset with console and then connected it which then has blue/green dot appears but when i go to use this on cod 3 my headset does not work , there is no voice indication beside my name, anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22 (30,161 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So I got my PS3 used and it came with a headset. The headset has a link password. I didn't get the password and he cant remember it. HOw do I reset this so I can link it to the PS3?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22 (29,691 Views)
0 Kudos