13 Aug 2012

Playstation Staff

PS2 classics not working

[ Edited ]
48 Replies 3,253 Views edited 17-12-2012

Basically as the title says ps2 classics will not work on my ps3 no matter how long i wait no matter how many times i re downlaod them they just will not start up. The screen will just go black the cut to the hdmi screen as if my sstem got turned off I have waited here 15 mins and nothing is there a fix to this or am i screwed when it comes to ps2 classics

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 49 (3,253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps2 classics not working

Have you tried adjusting game settins in settings of the XMB?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 49 (3,220 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

willisthe3rd wrote:

Basically as the title says ps2 classics will not work on my ps3 no matter how long i wait no matter how many times i re downlaod them they just will not start up. The screen will just go black the cut to the hdmi screen as if my sstem got turned off I have waited here 15 mins and nothing is there a fix to this or am i screwed when it comes to ps2 classics

I'm sure we can get them working for ya!

Sometimes its necessary to adjust the Video Output Settings to play PS2 games as they display in standard def.

On the XMB menu go to Settings > Display Settings > Video Output Settings > HDMI > Custom.  From here there are several tick boxes.  Make sure they are all ticked and save the settings.

Let me know if this makes a difference.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 49 (3,218 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did just as you said and still getting the same problem gave it about a 5 min wait to start up and never did

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 49 (3,213 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Ok the next thing to try is using a wired Internet connection instead of a wireless.  Some times not all the data downloads correctly and can cause issues.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 49 (3,190 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im always connected directly so that couldnt be the problem i dont think. i should also note that i had my friend bring his ps3 over to try the game on my tv and it worked fine but still will not work on my ps3

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 49 (3,186 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Do you still have the AV cables?  If so try connecting with then and see if the issue occurs.  Also if possible try your console on a different TV, again to see if the problem replicates.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 49 (3,159 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Does the console actually crash when you try loading PS2 games? Do you have to force a restart?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 49 (3,155 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

yes i have to force a restart and it does not work on other tvs i dont have original ccables so couldnt try that out

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 49 (3,139 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Are you connecting directly to a router or a modem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 49 (3,121 Views)
0 Kudos