16 Feb 2013
By mathabi

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 12GB UPGRADE

6 Replies 630 Views Created 16-02-2013

I upgraded my PS3 12gb,I put 320gb HHD but the problem when I switch on  with dual shock its boot up but  always want me to connect dual shock on USB port first before I use, then I can disconnect and use remotely.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 12GB UPGRADE

Can you describe the problem more?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (615 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Does this happen with all controllers?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (596 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I bought ps3 slim 12gb,which comes with 12gb flash memory,later I decided to install 320gb HHD 2.5" .The problem is I can switch it on with my controller but after it finished to boot up I cannot do anything with the controller until I connect the controller on ps3 with the cable,then after I can use it without connecting,it does always when I switch it on.The ps3 is always on standby mode.I only got one controller.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (593 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

mathabi wrote:

I bought ps3 slim 12gb,which comes with 12gb flash memory,later I decided to install 320gb HHD 2.5" .The problem is I can switch it on with my controller but after it finished to boot up I cannot do anything with the controller until I connect the controller on ps3 with the cable,then after I can use it without connecting,it does always when I switch it on.The ps3 is always on standby mode.I only got one controller.

Try pressing the reset button on the rear of the controller. You'll need a little pin, or paper clip. Hold the button for around 20 seconds and then connect by USB and press PS again. It should work okay after that.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (577 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you,problem solved after I press the reset button for 20 seconds and connect  by USB.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (558 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Yay! :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (554 Views)
0 Kudos