16 Feb 2013
By mathabi

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 12GB UPGRADE

6 Replies 568 Views Created 16-02-2013

I upgraded my PS3 12gb,I put 320gb HHD but the problem when I switch on  with dual shock its boot up but  always want me to connect dual shock on USB port first before I use, then I can disconnect and use remotely.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (568 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 12GB UPGRADE

Can you describe the problem more?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (553 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Does this happen with all controllers?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (534 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I bought ps3 slim 12gb,which comes with 12gb flash memory,later I decided to install 320gb HHD 2.5" .The problem is I can switch it on with my controller but after it finished to boot up I cannot do anything with the controller until I connect the controller on ps3 with the cable,then after I can use it without connecting,it does always when I switch it on.The ps3 is always on standby mode.I only got one controller.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (531 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

mathabi wrote:

I bought ps3 slim 12gb,which comes with 12gb flash memory,later I decided to install 320gb HHD 2.5" .The problem is I can switch it on with my controller but after it finished to boot up I cannot do anything with the controller until I connect the controller on ps3 with the cable,then after I can use it without connecting,it does always when I switch it on.The ps3 is always on standby mode.I only got one controller.

Try pressing the reset button on the rear of the controller. You'll need a little pin, or paper clip. Hold the button for around 20 seconds and then connect by USB and press PS again. It should work okay after that.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (515 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thank you,problem solved after I press the reset button for 20 seconds and connect  by USB.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (496 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Yay! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (492 Views)
0 Kudos