12 Feb 2012
By Payshai
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 4.10 Update - wireless access no longer possible

[ Edited ]
9 Replies 1,926 Views edited 13-02-2012

After trying to log in online yesterday got a little message saying to download 4.10 first before I could. I attempted to do so (wireless internet was working at this time) but it froze at 0% during the download proces, not even the install process, so I chose to cancel and attempt with a USB stick instead. I did and succeded. When the PS3 rebooted I attempted to log in online to no avail. The wireless internet can no longer connect. I then attempted with an ethernet cable and it works fine, so I know that it is not my internet, it is not my settings, it is not my WEP key, IT IS the 4.10 update that has casued the problem. So, to recap I have listed what I have tried below, please can someone who can ACTUALLY help respond to this... there are masses of users with a variant of this process and problem.

- installing with a USB flash drive.
- reinstalling with the USB flash drive.

- turning the PS3 off and on again!
- rebooting my router.
- attempting to connect with an ethernet cable (successfull!).

- easy method. (connection method wireless)

- manually typing in all details. (connection method wireless)
- double checking for conflicting ip's.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10 (1,926 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 4.10 Update - wireless access no longer possible

Hi Payshai,

I would give the steps in our wireless troubleshooting guide a go.  If these fail to sort the problem for you then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10 (1,907 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

hi my ps3 console is in my bedroom so i dont have acess to the internet cable. but the wireless is working fine. i tried to connect to the PSN but to no avail. i keep trying and all i get is error code 80710092 . and i chked the router and is working properly. how can i sort this out pls.

SuperFastZombie wrote:

Hi Payshai,

I would give the steps in our wireless troubleshooting guide a go.  If these fail to sort the problem for you then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

SuperFastZombie wrote:

Hi Payshai,

SFZ

is there any way you can download a game you purchased without the internet

SuperFastZombie wrote:

Hi Payshai,

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10 (1,901 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Thank you, I will do. I'll attempt to contact Sony Support if nothing works on there, but they aren't very supportive, I have two issues on the go, one of which they sent me to the community for help with... I'm acually at a loss for words with regard to that...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10 (1,884 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

This topic has not been solved, please put this back in the forum. The solutions provided have not worked, the update has still buggered my wifi.

Absolutely no memeber of the Sony Support Team or any moderator on any of the Sony forums has been of any help! I'm getting very angry now, are you going to release a new update that fixes your mess? Well?!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10 (1,856 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Payshai wrote:

This topic has not been solved, please put this back in the forum. The solutions provided have not worked, the update has still buggered my wifi.

Absolutely no memeber of the Sony Support Team or any moderator on any of the Sony forums has been of any help! I'm getting very angry now, are you going to release a new update that fixes your mess? Well?!

Hi Payshai, 

If the solutions in the troubleshooting guide have not helped then there may be a fault with your console.  In this case then you will have to contact your local PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10 (1,840 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Ok, so I'll repeat myself one last time. It is the PS3 4.10 UODATE that has caused this. NOTHING ELSE, Frikin Sony Support sent me here! So reopen the thread and let someone who CAN help actually do that!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10 (1,814 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Playstation Staff

Do other devices connect to your routers WiFi seems strange your PS3 connects wired and not wireless.

Is a wired connection not possible as a permanent connection if i had the choice i would opt for wired over wireless anytime.

SneezeSneeze
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10 (1,810 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

they know that it cant be fixed, just sell it and spread the word, they tried to tell me it was brighthouse
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10 (648 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This is exactly the same issue I have now encountered.  There is no solution listed for this. I had not used the PS3 for a while.  Turned it on last night watched a few movies, played a few games.  This morning, again played ok, then got a message that the firmware needed software update.  So I let it do it's update while I had lunch.  Returned to the PS3 and update was sucessful but I can no longer wirelessly connect to the internet!  again this is the same as others have reported!  With numerous attempts and no connect, I turned to this forum for help. This issue has 'killed' the wireless functionality.  Cannot connect to any wireless router.  Just times out, trying to connect.  Please understand, I am a 3rd level PC support manager for a very large known compoter company (I know what to look for).  Everything worked great - until this update was done, then lost wireless.  Please look into this and send out a fix for us...PLEASE.

Thanks, Bill

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10 (440 Views)
0 Kudos