28 Nov 2012
By NazUFO

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 Account email address invalid- requires support

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 3,265 Views edited 29-11-2012

Hi everyone,

A long time ago I created a PS3 account with an invalid email address, it must of been at a time where you did not need to validate your email address?

Anyway I want to play online with GT5 with my friends and all my save games are within this account (countless hours of hard work). I can not login however I remember the password as the the mesage says I need to change the password and its been submitted to my email.

I have tried to create another profile and copy the save game files but it does not allow me to load the game files, it wants to save it first, I have tried to overrite the files but it does not like it.

emailed customer services who told me to call customer services, I then called customer services who said I needed to email consumerservices@uk.playstation.com (which is an invalid address!!!) with my ID, game tag and a description...

Is there an easy way? What are my options?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7 (3,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Account email address invalid

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this will work ....but try and sign into sonyentertainmentnetwork.com (using the same email and password of your old account) and see what it says.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7 (3,256 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

"To sign in, an update of your account information is required. An e-mail message with instructions has been sent to xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.com. It may take up to 24 hours to receive this message."

:-(

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7 (3,236 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have even tried to email the guy but the account does not exist, I have tried to register the account but it does not allow it ....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7 (3,234 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

NazUFO wrote:

Hi everyone,

A long time ago I created a PS3 account with an invalid email address, it must of been at a time where you did not need to validate your email address?

Anyway I want to play online with GT5 with my friends and all my save games are within this account (countless hours of hard work). I can not login however I remember the password as the the mesage says I need to change the password and its been submitted to my email.

I have tried to create another profile and copy the save game files but it does not allow me to load the game files, it wants to save it first, I have tried to overrite the files but it does not like it.

emailed customer services who told me to call customer services, I then called customer services who said I needed to email consumerservices@uk.playstation.com (which is an invalid address!!!) with my ID, game tag and a description...

Is there an easy way? What are my options?

Thank you.

Hi NazUFO,

Usually if you have forgotten account details you need to call the Support Line for help.

In this instance if you have not made any purchases on the account, it might not be able to be recouped. However if you have made purchases the Netwrok Team may be able to discern your ownership of the account by the billing information on there (so they may require a bank statement or something).

Also this is all done over the phone so they can confirm as much information as you can give for data protection purposes. I'm not sure why they advised you had to email that address though?

I recommend calling them and request if the Network Team can help, if you have not made purchases however and cannot recollect any of the account information there may be very little they can do.

Rabid

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7 (3,222 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Hi Rabid, I think I may have just spoken to you on the phone about this issue.
Seems like I have sorted it, if it was you thanks again! If it wasnt you then ignore :-)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7 (3,206 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Not sure where my other message went to?

I think i spoke to you on the phone 5 mins ago! If it was you then thanks!

If it wasnt you, then ignore...

Great service!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7 (3,205 Views)
0 Kudos