15 Jan 2013
By: ty-hoff98 Member 21 Posts
Level 1

PS3 Freeze

24 Replies 4,841 Views Created 15-01-2013

Hey, I currently am using a 320GB Slim PS3 running on 4.31 and I seem to freeze during gameplay (in the middle of Black Ops 2 matches, FIFA 13 games, AC3 loading screens). This did not happen at all on 4.30. Anyone know why this is happening? Is it just the update?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25 (4,841 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: PS3 Freeze

Oh and just before it freezes it usually makes a high pitch sound. I'm not sure if that's the PS3 stuffing up or my T.V..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25 (4,825 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

ty-hoff98 wrote:

Oh and just before it freezes it usually makes a high pitch sound. I'm not sure if that's the PS3 stuffing up or my T.V..

Hi ty-hoff98,

Where can you hear the sound coming from, is it through the speakers or from the PS3 itself?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25 (4,820 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

RabidWalker wrote:

ty-hoff98 wrote:

Hi ty-hoff98,

Where can you hear the sound coming from, is it through the speakers or from the PS3 itself?

It'd be coming from my T.V so it's probably the T.V messing up with the lag/freezing on the PS3. It gets really annoying. 

That solves the 2nd issue, could you help me with the 1st issue relating to the freezing? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25 (4,817 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Does it freeze on the XMB menu or in a specific game for instance?

If its a game, try deleting the data for the game in 'Game Data Utility' and reloading the patches for it. If its on the XMB, try Safe Mode and option 3 specifically.

Let me know how it goes,

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25 (4,799 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

RabidWalker wrote:

Does it freeze on the XMB menu or in a specific game for instance?

If its a game, try deleting the data for the game in 'Game Data Utility' and reloading the patches for it. If its on the XMB, try Safe Mode and option 3 specifically.

Let me know how it goes,

Rabid

It only freezes in games, not on the XMB menu. I deleted the patch for FIFA 13 and redownloaded and install and it still freezes. I've reinstalled the 4.31 update and it still freezes. How do I get into Safe Mode?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25 (4,794 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

I've linked it in the post, you can find the guide here.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25 (4,780 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

[ Edited ]

RabidWalker wrote:

I've linked it in the post, you can find the guide here.

Okay, I've put my PS3 into safe mode and selected option 3. Now I will test it out if my PS3 still freezes. I'll update you shortly. Thank you.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25 (4,774 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

UPDATE: My PS3 still freezes during gameplay after I have put my PS3 into safe mode and selected option 3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25 (4,747 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

ty-hoff98 wrote:

UPDATE: My PS3 still freezes during gameplay after I have put my PS3 into safe mode and selected option 3.

Hi ty-hoff98,

You might want to give the other safe mode options a go, although options 4 and 5 will remove data so it would be best to back it up onto an external drive if you can?

Rabid

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25 (4,736 Views)
0 Kudos