Hi, I've only had my PS3 simce august and its already failing me!
So when I press the startup button the startup music comes on with the PS3 Logo then it comes up with please wait screen then goes off and just freezes with the screen with the wavy line through the middle with nothing else on it. It does this every time so I can't do anything.
Anyone have any ideas what I can do?
Solved! Go to Solution.
PS3 Recovery Menu
- Place the PS3 in standby mode
- Press and hold the power button for a couple of seconds, you should hear a beep
- Keep a hold of the power button for a couple more seconds, the PS3 should shut back down to standby mode
- Once this happens, press and hold the power button again for a couple of seconds, waiting for 1 single beep.
- Ignore this beep and keep it pressed until you hear 2 consecutive beeps, release the button.
Ok thats not really a problem as I don't have that much on it anyway, I have been away for 4 months so not that much data. Just done it now and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the help, was getting worried there!
My old model (piano) 80 GB machine started freezing 2 days ago. I followed the steps listed here in order to perform a full restore. I get to the screen that says to connect a controller via USB cable, and press the PS button. It is either freezing here, or it won't go any further because I am using a 3rd party controller. I wouldn't think the controller would make a difference. So, what do I do? I'm assuming I'll be told to use it to hold my screen door open the next time I move something large either into, or out of the house.
- Select a Language