What am i have to do?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (148 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Hard disk Problem

On a PC, download the latest PS3 update from here - Update features (ver 4.46) - PlayStation 3, PS3 system software

Now on a USB stick create a folder & name it PS3, and in that folder create another one and name it UPDATE

Put the update you downloaded in to the UPDATE folder on the USB stick and put the USB stick in the PS3 then press start and select together. Update PS3 System Software With Computer

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (134 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi, welcome to the forums.  

Before we start getting past the message you are currently viewing, have you backed the data on your current hard drive to an external storage unit - i.e. A USB flash drive?  This is to ensure you are able to restore your game saves/other data onto the new hard drive.  If you haven't done so, then I'm afraid to say you have lost most of the data on the previous hard disk as you go through the process of formatting the new hard disk.

Anyhow, to help you progress with this message,  all you need to do is have a USB flash drive, or any other forms of storage media, handy.  However, before inserting the USB into one of the USB slots, you'll firstly need to download the firmware onto it.  

Here is the latest firmware - http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/support/system-software/detail/item626550/Update-features-%28ver-4-46%...

This is what the message is basically asking you to do.

Once you've downloaded the firmware, create a new folder on the USB flash drive called 'PS3' (all caps) and then open that folder and create another called 'UPDATE' (all caps once again).  This is basically the designated file tree for firmware updates.  Now all you have to do is drag the firmware file into the 'UPDATE' folder.  The firmware file will be called  'PS3UPDAT.PUP'.

Finally, as the message mentions, simply insert the USB flash drive into one of the USB slots and then press the START and SELECT buttons together - as mentioned and you're good to go.  

Hope this helps. :smileyhappy: 

*EDIT*  I  meant to post this earlier but was caught up, as the guy above me has mentioned, it's as simple as that!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (133 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Thank u all for the Help..
I Appreciate it, my Current Hard drive has 40GB of ***** lol ..
But do i have to deactivate the account First?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I Am the Same guy ^ xD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (119 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 14

Playstation Staff

XxY2J-LeGenDxX wrote:
Thank u all for the Help..
I Appreciate it, my Current Hard drive has 40GB of ***** lol ..
But do i have to deactivate the account First?

Nope.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Kudos