12 Sep 2012
By nitasm

Playstation Staff

PS3 Update Loop Error

5 Replies 5,387 Views Created 12-09-2012

Hi there.

Today I tried to update my PS3 to 4.25 and half way through downloading the update, my wireless cut out and the update stalled. (what I think could be a cause)

After restarting it and successfully completing the download, the installation begun but gets all the way to 99%

Then, after about 10 minutes the an error message pops up and the installation begins again. After leaving it on for hours and after numerous restarts, I tried opening up recovery mode on the ps3. Needless to say it's just my luck that recovery mode would not start. So now I'm stuck looking at 99% and no solution in sight.

Any help is greatly appreciated, have been grabbing at straws all day!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (5,387 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 Update Loop Error

Also, it gives error code 8002F310.
Thanks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (5,382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 7

Playstation Staff

Do you have another drive? Note, if it hasn't been in the PS3 previously it will be reformatted.

Download the firmware onto a FAT32 formatted memory stick in folder layout PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP

Swap drives, do the firmware update via memory stick.

Swap drives back.

Get to safe mode and do try the firmware update again via the memory stick. You may not need this step.

Hopefully, all should work now.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (5,380 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Hi guys,

Try the below suggestions:

Reboot the PS3 and try to update again.

if the error occurs again, try updating a different way.

If you updated the PS3 directly on the PS3, try updating from a PC.

If you updated from the update from downloaded from a PC, then update on the PS3.

If you continue to have issues, go in to Safe Mode and select "Restore File System". After that process completes, try updating the PS3 again.

If the above does not work then contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (5,366 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

So I used my laptop hard drive and a USB with update 4.21 on it to install and it worked fine, but it then prompted me to download and install 4.25 again, which one again stops on 99% and keeps restarting. This is so frustrating!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (5,338 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

nitasm wrote:
So I used my laptop hard drive and a USB with update 4.21 on it to install and it worked fine, but it then prompted me to download and install 4.25 again, which one again stops on 99% and keeps restarting. This is so frustrating!

I had the same problem

I`m also on a wireless network.

And i did this :

Shutdown the ps3, remove your hard drive, put in another hard drive, Download the update from the playstation site and put it on a usb stick (under PS3 -> UPDATE) then plug it in the ps3, turn on the ps3 and on the screen that follows, press start & Select and on the screen for the format, press & hold Start & Select for 5 seconds, he then will format and after that he will update your console to the firmware 4.25.

When you get the screen to choose your language, shutdown the console and replace the hard drive with your other  (original) hard drive and restart the ps3 and he will restart normally and if you go to system information, you will see that it is firmware 4.25. (and there is nothing lost)

For me, it`s worked this way and i have nothing lost and can resume gaming.

4.25 update stuck at 99%

i try above solution. it's work for me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (5,300 Views)
0 Kudos