03 Nov 2008
By: Odysseus619 Member 17 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

PS3 cannot see a fair few tracks

3 Replies 914 Views Created 03-11-2008
So I've transferred about 4500 tracks from my external hard drive onto my PS3, all in MP3 format, although there were some problems with copying all of them in bulk, so I had to do a fair few copying as individual files.  However the fair majority of the tracks don't appear in the albums where they should be, i.e when looking at albums it says ablum name, 12 tracks, 46'21'' then when i click on it it says "There are no tracks", which is strange since it says there is.  I'm worried that the tracks are actually there and if i go about deleting this then I have files on the hard drive which i can never access or have i missed something and i can somehow unlock these tracks? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (914 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: PS3 cannot see a fair few tracks

Instead of pressing x at an album, press triangle and click on "display all" , this should show you your tracks.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (910 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

I just tried pressing triangle, but there doesn't seem to be a display all option, i think display all is only when looking at an external hard drive.  When I try and add the tracks to a playlist, which it says aren't there, my ps3 crashes.  When I try and delete this file it gives the error code  8003041C. I haven't had a chance to look at the ps3 or look up the error code (been asleep) but i was thinking maybe the files are located in a different album, which would be strange.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (898 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi,

This could be an issue with the ID3 tags of the files that you have moved.  ID3 is a metadata container most often used in conjunction with MP3 files.  It allows information such as the title, artist, album, track number, or other information about the file to be stored in the file itself.  As such they may be missing important information that identifies the track to certain devices and therefore not displaying correctly on PS3.

NF

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (891 Views)
0 Kudos