17 Jun 2012
By: dreamer28x Member 7 Posts
Level 1
Accepted Solution

PS3 corrupt file? won't reboot?

[ Edited ]
43 Replies 38366 Views edited 19-06-2012

Hi There,

Please help as my PS3 won't re-boot, something about corrupt files?? :smileysad: What can i do?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 44 (38,366 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 11

Re: PS3 corrupt file? won't reboot?

Are you able to access safe mode? If so, try starting it up in safe mode and choose option 3, info's in the link below (it's worth highlighting that there could be implications in choosing the wrong option).

It's usually a good idea to back up any saved data/media just in case something goes wrong, either onto a USB stick or external HDD, although I dunno if that'd be possible in this case :smileyhappy:

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/627262?start=0&tstart=0

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 44 (38,351 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thank you :smileyhappy: i'll give it a go :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 44 (38,328 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Hi

I have got exactly this problem and have done the rebuild option but the screen went completely blank and now the PS3 won't do anything! :Help:

When I try to start it up the orange light comes on and thats its, nothing else happens - any ideas please???

The message on screen was:

'The hard disks file system is corrupted and will be restored'

But every time I restore it and follow the system options as you set out it just goes round in circles and does exactly the same thing again, time after time.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 44 (38,279 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Slightly confused as the PS3 doesn't have an orange light.

If rebuild database doesn't work, then try restore File System, then try it again.

Worst case scenario if nothing works then try restore PS3 system, though be aware that that'll format everything.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 44 (38,270 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks but when the light is flashing as though the HDD is busy, its orange (honest) - have done the restore file system and get a black screen and have tried the restore PS3 system and thats where we are now - got nothing......
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 44 (38,268 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Ah, I thought you were referring to the power indicator which goes red, yellow or green.

Is the system actually running these tasks, or is the screen going blank as soon as you choose the task in safe mode?
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 44 (38,265 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

It did run the taks but does nothing now, seems to take foever to load up.  Its 'trying'  to load up but seems to be having trouble reading the HDD and there is no picture on the screen.

Even after a while when the green light comes on there is no picture.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 44 (38,261 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Just another update - there are no lights at all on it now - nothing at all - when i try to power it up. it beeps but nothing happens.... :xCry:

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 44 (38,257 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Try a different power supply and power socket
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 44 (38,250 Views)
0 Kudos