PS3 Support

PS3 Support

27 Oct 2012
By: FreezesAtStartup Member 9 Posts
Level 1

PS3 freezes at menu after startup

34 Replies 19012 Views Created 27-10-2012

Hello.

My ps 3 started to freeze few seconds after main menu appears. The only way to get rid of it is to switch ps3 off (hold power button until beeps). I tried #3 and #4 at debug menu, format & restore - and nothing helps. Any suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

console: PS3 slim 320 GB, 5 months in use

firmware: 4.25 and 4.30 (freezes on both).

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (19,012 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: PS3 freezes at menu after startup

Same issue.......

I am so sick of sony and there poor excuses..... no doubt this will be my (the customers fault) for some reason.

Pethetic.

Extremely ***** Off!!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (18,980 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

I would suggest changing the hard drive.
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (18,964 Views)
0 Kudos

Had this problem 3 days ago. I tried replacing to a new hard drive since I was also suspecting a drive problem.  But even w/ a new hard drive, the PS3 still freezes at start up.  Did everything in recovery as well.  Hope you could help us. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (18,906 Views)
0 Kudos

Having exactly the same problem!

Tried everything except the replacing the drive. I'm so dispointed an update (4.30) could break my system :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (18,878 Views)
0 Kudos

its apprently sony, they have f****ed up once again, the update somehow manages to crash certain systems, others work fine, ive read somewhere, sorr i cant proide the link i forgot it, but they are doing another update soon, but i have noidea when.

This problem is ahppeing with me, mines a 80GB old ps3 and my brother also has the 500GB slim version and its newly bought so the eror is not ours it must be to do with sony!

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (18,813 Views)
0 Kudos

Not sur eif this helps... but here goes:

I have had this issue too , where my ps3 freezes on the xmb, I had a 60gb Fat and 320gb Slim and it happened on both.

I luckily got a swap out as i have continuous play, so thought at least one was ok. BUT BUT BUT..... the brand new one was fine at first and after downloading updates was fine, but after a restart,,,, epic fail..... it also started freezing I tried the rewipe and start again, Database rebuilding, etc and after 4 days a basicly messing about with it i believe i have the answer!

So here it is:

I connected my ps3 up to wifi, as part of logging into the wifi i use, it needs to login (BT FON). to do this i have to start the Internet Browser and login before i get online. Thsi is great and works and i can play games online.... HOWEVER after a restart, i believe the PS3 retries to connect online, and because it cant access the internet and is blocked because i havent even had chance to login yet, it freezes!

I believe this is the issue, as soon as do the double beep method and reset the settings (option2), and reset it up so there no network settings, it works fine, and doesnt freeze.

so try it guys,, it works for me. option 2 and then try, and then connect to the net again, restart and see if it freezes.???

SONY FIX THIS NOW !!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (18,692 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Thanks for your advice. I brought my ps3 to guarantee service, so I cant check it out right now.

All I can say: simple autoconnection disable in Network Options didnt work for me. Ps3 was still freezing even without need to connect to router.

I'll definitely try your method, if guarantee service won't fix my issue.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (18,660 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Having the same problem too... 

GO SONY! 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (18,652 Views)
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

If your having freezing issue that are not fixed by going through the Safe Mode options then there may be a fault with your console.

In this case you should contact PlayStation Support for further assistance.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (18,632 Views)
0 Kudos