01 Jan 2014

Playstation Staff

PS3 freezes on XMB - firmware 4.53 error?

2 Replies 532 Views Created 01-01-2014

Hi,

On the 30/12/13 some weeks after I installed 4.53fw, my day 1 PS3 froze, on each boot into the XMB, the XMB froze opening the icons. It's the first time this has ever happened to it. I'm absolutely gutted as I haven't saved a copy of my data from it, I have a 1TB drive with about 800GB of PSN downloaded games with save data from day 1.

Guessing that it initially was a HD problem, I booted into safe mode to try the 'Restore File System' option. This did not work and came up with an error saying that the system storage was corrupt and had to be formatted. At this point I kind of accepted that this may be true, however, I also have my old HD from 2011 that was workign fine. So I put this into the PS3 and booted up with no problems whatsoever.

Foolish me then decided to get online and update to 4.53 on this HD. On successfully installing the 4.53fw and rebooting, it's done exactly the same thing.

I have two HD's, both freezing in the XMB (although 1TB HD is now potentially completely lost :smileysad:)

Is there a new fw on the horizon? With the problem only showing on this fw I'm hoping that there is a bug in it that can be overcome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (532 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 freezes on XMB - firmware 4.53 error?

If it's freezing with a completely new HDD, it may be a problem with other internal components :smileysad:

Best contacting customer support to see what they advice

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (502 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 freezes on XMB - firmware 4.53 error?

Yes, but only when updated to 4.53fw...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (460 Views)
0 Kudos