Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 freezing after 4.40 update

I have the original fat PS3. Didn't have any problems until 4.40. Now some of my games freeze at random points during play (NBA 2k 11, GTA IV, Episodes from LC). Sometimes the disc won't show up on the menu until I insert in several times. Never had this issue before 4.40. 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21 (653 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

This has to be either a problem with the update or with the PS network. I bought my machine model CECH-3004B in November last year and it was playing perfect until this damn update. Last weekend I bought NFS Most Wanted and 4 of the DLC packs from the Playstation store, 1st I couldnt find any of my cars from the DLC i bought, then when I wanted to go play online I had to get update 1.03 for the game which is 2060mb, the download started but the time left jumped to 940minutes and sometimes even higher. Once or twice I got it to start download with a better time of 180minutes but then every time it got to 60, 80 and 90% it seem to disconnect from the PS Network. I've been trying for the past week already to get the updates to download and wasted over 20gb of my internet bandwidth on trying to get the updates to download. I'm not sure if the game must connect before I'll get my DLC stuff but up to now I havent recieved anything yet.

Also since the update my PS3 has been doing more and more strange things, not ejecting discs not picking up my GTDF steering wheel some times, not switching on when i use my PS button on my PS3 wireless control and since yesterday after reinstalling V4.40 PS3 update my machine now also started freezing the whole time, just getting this message posted took me 4 tries already after having to reset because machine freezed up.

I have tried everything, started by restoring PS3 settings, then formatted my machine, uploaded new update data and yesterday I even got a new dsl router and got my ISP to reset and check my lines and conections. Cant SONY just revert us to the previous firmware used before the last update, when they fixed the new updates they can release it again? I'm at the point of returning my PS3 either for a new one or just to get my cash back, Im slowly starting to feel switching from PC gaming to PS3 was a bad decision, or that I should have just chosen to get a XBOX, if it wasnt for Gran Turismo I dont think I'd waste any of my time on Playstation3.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21 (643 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

this is gettin beyond the joke now tried averything thats been suggested u think SONY are even bothering to read this and sort it Prob not PS3 close to being binned way Im feeling shoulda stuck with my 360 never had 1 problem EVER with that :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21 (627 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same problem here. My superslim is freezing after 4.40 update. I have tryed everything possible. Nothing helped...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21 (621 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I too have problems like this, after the update which went rather fine I suffered from lag issues and system freeze up, also PSN lags and is jumpy nothing is smooth about it also when installing games it's freezes up. It seems the update broke the ps3.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21 (612 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

So how do we get Sony to address this problem?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21 (576 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

could allways swear in a post see if that gets flagged then they may actually read the other posts in the list about 4.40  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21 (565 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i also having problems from this update what it means your system might not of installed the update properly so you have to try installing with a usb or try another hdd if this doesnt work we gonna have to wait the next update but i surprised this is happening with ss anyways try those safe mode doesnt because the update stays on the hdd let me know if anything works i contacted customer support they didnt even know that this happens they dont think that the update causes this
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21 (401 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 9

Playstation Staff

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21 (398 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hey mods, will Sony respond to our pleas for help or will they leave us hanging? Weeks later and still no fix for their stupid update.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21 (341 Views)
0 Kudos