80%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

PS3 wireless stereo headset after 4.10 update is horrible

177 Replies 6,166 Views Created 08-02-2012

I noticed a few people complaining around the internet today after the 4.10 update and what its done to the wireless stereo headset.

People were saying you could now hear your own voice in the headset and that it seems to be quite loud. Because of that you now can't hear the game sound effects as well as you could and you also hear your own voice on top of other people in the online chat you are having.

I just tried it myself and its horrible.

I paid £90 for this headset from Game so I could game in peace. The headset covering your full ears used to really shut out every other sound around you so there was no distractions. I couldn't even hear the phone ring next to me when I'm using them. Well worth the money I thought.

4.10 comes along and now the microphone is picking up everything and playing it back to your ears. I now hear a load of static and I could even hear the washing machine from the kitchen being played back to me. Unbelievable.

I know this was a deliberate addition to the firmware because the headset does such a good job of blocking out sound, you weren't aware of how loud you were talking into the mic. I can see why they added it, but its something I don't want and there should be an option to disable it.

This is a priority that needs fixed ASAP otherwise Game or Sony will need to refund me because the headset is no longer fit for purpose for me personally.

LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

merlijn_1

41%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
merlijn_1
Accepted Solution

Is there anyone els who has a lot of problems with there headset when there is wifi in the area of the ps3 my headset is horrible when i'm gaming on wifi and now they broke :(

0 Kudos

Re: PS3 wireless stereo headset after 4.10 update is horrible

Beta Tester
/16

Cid_Chaos

• Beta Tester
84%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Cid_Chaos
Accepted Solution

The next firmware update is going to include a 'fix' for this problem, this update is going to be released very soon.

Source:- US PlayStation Blog *last paragraph

*also check comment No.12

0 Kudos

UPDATE: PS3 wireless stereo headset after 4.10 update is horrible

[ Edited ]

/16

force74

90%
03 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
force74
Accepted Solution

Well its fixed go to the headset settings bit push triangle and then side note and turn that crap off ! (or adjust the sensitivity if you like it )

0 Kudos

Re: UPDATE: PS3 wireless stereo headset after 4.10 update is horrible

/16

Blu7621

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Blu7621
Accepted Solution

I haven't played for a bit,so I got the 4.20 update and now my sony wireless stereo headset wont pair with usb,any1 else having this problem?If so how to fix it...???

0 Kudos

/16

pableco

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
pableco
Accepted Solution

The same happens to me since the last update I can't pair the wireless stereo headset CECHYA 0080.

In the Ps3 support for Latin America (now I live in Uruguay), said it's a region problem because I bought the headset in UK., and my PS3 it's from EE.UU, but when I bought the headset nothing said about regions to use it, and I bought it on march 2012 and works perfect since the update 4.21 in July.

After the update it works for 2 o 3  days , then it doesn't work but I could pair it and worked for 2 or 3 days, and about 2 weeks ago I had again the problem and was impossible pair it again since now.

I make the reset like manual says and nothing happen, the headset its totally charged, the adaptor flashes the blue light like it's in pairing mode, but I can't pair it.

Please I need a solution as soon as possible.

Pablo

0 Kudos

/16

Markiboy71

36%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Markiboy71
Accepted Solution

SyncroUK wrote:

I noticed a few people complaining around the internet today after the 4.10 update and what its done to the wireless stereo headset. I think all of those people complaining should just shut up!

Why should we "shut up", SyncroUK? Don't we have a right to discuss it?

0 Kudos

/16

ala_767

25%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
ala_767
Accepted Solution

I have No problem with it after the firmware Update..... try resetting the ps3 headset.... there is a small reset button on the headset and the USB dongle hope it worls for you :)

0 Kudos

/16

Alex-Burnout97

24%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Alex-Burnout97
Accepted Solution
Same problem here. Plus sometimes some INSANELY STUPID & ANNOYING sounds, like interferences appear. Sometimes the whole Device is completely shut down, and can't hear anything (rarely). Sony please fix those problems. It's so annoying! And I didn't pay 100 dolla-dollaz to experience this.
0 Kudos

/16

mistachicken

98%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mistachicken
Accepted Solution

Hi gang , dont know if this helps but i used to have pairing problems. I finally found out that if you switch off the ps3 with the headset turned on it would freak out the next time i tried to use it , i would then have to remove the dongle and switch off , put dongle back in with headphones off  , switch on ps3 , switch on headphones and it would work. But the tip is to switch off the headphones before turning off the ps3 , its a hard habit to get into and i still muck it up :-)!!!!

Also has anyone got any problems with your mic being very quiet on bf3 etc , i had to really shout to be heard last night , i had the voice slider up almost to the top and the main volume slider almost at the bottom. (my mic was flipped out).

much love everyone!

x

0 Kudos

/16

TadejD

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TadejD
Accepted Solution

Playing GT5 whitout the headset its working fine but after playing online on a server i tryed to put in the dongl and as i do that i get disconnected from the server lobby its anoying cant ude the headset. It messes up the Wlan.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel