23 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

PS3 won't load games

[ Edited ]
10 Replies 6,394 Views edited 24-09-2012

So my PS3 slim (CECH-2003B) recently stopped loading games. At first I got the 80010514 error message when trying to start up a game. I did a "Restore File System" from the recovery menu which temporarily fixed the problem but it returned moments later. Sometimes it would successfully start up the game other times not. Now it won't even recognize the game disc! CDs and DVDs work fine. Digital games works perfectly. Blu-ray movies works fine too but it takes like 10-15 seconds for the system to recognize the disc. I rarely play blu-ray movies but that doesn't sound normal. Disc drive makes weird noises when reading the blu-ray movies and games, but the noises are worse with games. It will make a weird "ejecting noise" with games.

- I restored the PS3 system with a full format. Didn't fix the problem either.

- I tried rebuilding the database but the problem prevails.

- Installed latest firmware(4.21) again through USB drive in recovery menu. Didn't fix issue.

- Tried doing several restoration of file system. It says the file system is corrupted no matter how many times I do it.

- Tried using drClean lens cleaner for PS3. The system would recognize the game again, but I would still get error 80010514 when trying to load the game. As I'm writing this it won't recognize the games at all.

- I tried several games. None of them will load. Some games seems to be more easily  recognized than others.

I can't seem to narrow down the possibilities. Did I run into not only one but several issues?

The warranty is void.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11 (6,394 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 won't load games

This error code indicates the PS3 cannot read the disc. If this is happening with multiple blu-rays then it would suggest an issue with the blu-ray lens reader. Call sony customer support and explain this, they should be able to help you out further

Its 0844 736 0595 for the UK

For other countries go to:
http://www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Technical-Help/Contact-Us-Playstation-Support-Number/m-p/...
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11 (6,370 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i bought a ps3 for £20 cuz it wouldnt load games anymore but it wud play dvds. I just did a fan test on it and after that it worked perfect!! i wud really reccomend doing this first before buying any parts or anything, only takes a couple of mins!!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11 (6,203 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Too late. I already sold that piece of *****. Can't beieve how horrible the quality on Sony consoles are. Especially the lasers on them. They should add the ability to do full game installs like on the Xbox 360. The laser would last much longer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11 (5,937 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Full game installs for most PS3 games are mandatory...
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11 (5,917 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Not every game can be installed on the harddrive. Only a few. On Xbox 360 EVERY game can be installed.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11 (5,915 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Only a few?! EVERY game i own (30+) has had to be installed on the hard drive, bar Battlefield and COD and that's the way it has always been.

Honestly i've had a PS3 since launch and have never had blu-ray issues and neither has anyone i know. i don't think its a shoddy laser or else this sort of problem would be a lot more common.

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11 (5,913 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I was having the same issues.  The PS3 would play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 but would not display other games.  I was using a component cable.  I then hooked it up to a different TV with an HDMI cable and all games would work.  I found that the other games were not 1080 but 720.  The TV connected with the component cable did not support 720.  I deselected the 720 from the display types and everything worked fine.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11 (5,230 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

I think what he means is xbox can play the games off of the HDD
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11 (5,214 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the same problem. I disassembled my ps3 to clean the lens and when I put it back together and tried to insert a disc, it would'nt go in and load. I also can't eject it. Any ideas anyone?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11 (4,961 Views)
0 Kudos