New messages in the last hour
Get a response within minutes
92% percent of messages responded to
So my PS3 slim (CECH-2003B) recently stopped loading games. At first I got the 80010514 error message when trying to start up a game. I did a "Restore File System" from the recovery menu which temporarily fixed the problem but it returned moments later. Sometimes it would successfully start up the game other times not. Now it won't even recognize the game disc! CDs and DVDs work fine. Digital games works perfectly. Blu-ray movies works fine too but it takes like 10-15 seconds for the system to recognize the disc. I rarely play blu-ray movies but that doesn't sound normal. Disc drive makes weird noises when reading the blu-ray movies and games, but the noises are worse with games. It will make a weird "ejecting noise" with games.
- I restored the PS3 system with a full format. Didn't fix the problem either.
- I tried rebuilding the database but the problem prevails.
- Installed latest firmware(4.21) again through USB drive in recovery menu. Didn't fix issue.
- Tried doing several restoration of file system. It says the file system is corrupted no matter how many times I do it.
- Tried using drClean lens cleaner for PS3. The system would recognize the game again, but I would still get error 80010514 when trying to load the game. As I'm writing this it won't recognize the games at all.
- I tried several games. None of them will load. Some games seems to be more easily recognized than others.
I can't seem to narrow down the possibilities. Did I run into not only one but several issues?
The warranty is void.
Solved! Go to solution
Too late. I already sold that piece of *****. Can't beieve how horrible the quality on Sony consoles are. Especially the lasers on them. They should add the ability to do full game installs like on the Xbox 360. The laser would last much longer.
Not every game can be installed on the harddrive. Only a few. On Xbox 360 EVERY game can be installed.
Only a few?! EVERY game i own (30+) has had to be installed on the hard drive, bar Battlefield and COD and that's the way it has always been.
Honestly i've had a PS3 since launch and have never had blu-ray issues and neither has anyone i know. i don't think its a shoddy laser or else this sort of problem would be a lot more common.
hi there. could you tell me how to do the fan test please
I was having the same issues. The PS3 would play Call of Duty Black Ops 2 but would not display other games. I was using a component cable. I then hooked it up to a different TV with an HDMI cable and all games would work. I found that the other games were not 1080 but 720. The TV connected with the component cable did not support 720. I deselected the 720 from the display types and everything worked fine.
I have the same problem. I disassembled my ps3 to clean the lens and when I put it back together and tried to insert a disc, it would'nt go in and load. I also can't eject it. Any ideas anyone?
Website ©2017 Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe Limited. All content, game titles, trade names and/or trade dress, trademarks, artwork and associated imagery are trademarks and/or copyright material of their respective owners. All rights reserved. More info