23 Mar 2011
By neonfxp

Playstation Staff

PS3 wont play games disc or downloads???

[ Edited ]
5 Replies 6,207 Views edited 13-04-2011

I have a 60gig ps3 fat one all of a sudden it won't play or recognise discs but also it won't even play downloads from Sony store.if I put a disc in it doesn't show up on the games menu.If I try and load pain which I downloaded from sony store then the screen just goes black and freezes. I've tried swapping the bluray player for a working one also tried full system restore but nothing seems to work.I've also tried the ps3 recovery options but still no good.does anyone no a fix for this or is it screwed.thanks for ya help..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (6,207 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: PS3 wont play games disc or downloads???

ive got the same problem (SOMEONE HELP), did you ever fix it seeing aas your post is from 2 years ago?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (545 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

Are you recieving an error code livfooty?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (527 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My disc drive keeps ejecting with no blue light does it every 7 seconds automatically the game wont even go into the ps3 any1 know how to fix it
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (518 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

im on my 3rd ps3 that wont load games it plays films music and anyother disc but not games im not the first one time we all got together and called in the ombudsman i think on this i even brought some discs twice and still no joy ps3 has cost me thousands and its time every body new ombudsman time and papers
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (512 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Playstation Staff

TheKingSlayer01 wrote:
My disc drive keeps ejecting with no blue light does it every 7 seconds automatically the game wont even go into the ps3 any1 know how to fix it

Which model of PS3 are you using?

Try holding down the eject button if you're using an older model for 15 seconds to force eject the console. Then reboot. This should make it believe nothing is in the drive.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (507 Views)
0 Kudos