Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re: PSN Pick n Mix Minis transfer problems

Do it guys, Ive been offered a refund as I have a PSPe1000 and have been told theres no way for me to get the games on it..

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 441 of 514 (707 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 6

Playstation Staff

MaxiM_82 wrote:

OMFG, I have finally forced myself to call support line, and you know what they have told me?

They told me that "the newest" info on the subject (from PSN administrators) is that I will be not receiving any voucher and I can get a refund or nothing! They claim that this problem WILL NOT BE FIXED and they are not working on it anymore. Also, the "5 extra minis" is no longer available.

What the hell? What is this? RabidWalker, do you have anything to say about that? I just wasted 10 minutes on the phone just to get nothing satisfactory in return! :manmad:

Hi MaxiM_82,

I have sent you a PM in regards to the information you were supplied by Customer Support, just to reiterate work is being done to allow the games to work as intended.

Rabid

Please use plain text.
Message 442 of 514 (572 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I had a call from a "manager" at Sony who said that the extra free minis would be available to play on 2 psp's after the fix, but not on a PS3, which is not good. Then she gave me 2 UMD's as a good will gesture for the way I had previously been spoken to by a member of their call centre staff which means I am "up" on this deal and quite a bit happier!!!  IF I can ever get these minis working on 2 PSP's I will be very happy as the choice was shared between me and my daughter and neither of us play minis on the PS3.

If this issue is to be fixed by a system update then, I had an email from Sony about renaming PSN accounts to SEN accounts that suggests an update on Wednesday, so maybe it will be done than. Personally I would have thought that an update wasn't needed to fix a DRM issue unless they are using it to delete the service and so clear the license from the PS3...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 443 of 514 (502 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I wonder what we'll get when it isn't fixed this time next month? I'm holding out for a Vita

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 444 of 514 (386 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

No Vita for me! That's clear!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 445 of 514 (362 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I read a tweet from the PSN guys this morning which read something along the lines of 'Fixed a download problem for some users'. Thought they meant this problem. Nope :smileysad: I've got the 5 games. Had to rack my brains though. I've heard such good things about the 5 I originally picked and I'm worried I will never be able to play them, since I can't re-purchase them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 446 of 514 (309 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Still no reply from customer service for me. The way Sony handled this issue leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth. This will make me reduce my spending on Sony products and games for their systems to a bare minimum, if any.

Bad customer service / failure of informing the customers leads to losing your customers, it's that simple.

Being a collector of some sort, I accumulated a big enough backlog of games for all systems to keep me entertained for years.

I'll also stick to DRM-free games from now on and Indie titles, there are enough alternatives out there to this DRM-DLC-OnlinePass-nonsense that is starting to really take the fun out of my favourite hobby.

That also means no Vita for me, seeing reports on how DRM-systems will only be enforced on the User (your "valued" customer!) in an even stricter way on that system.

Oh, the good old days where all we had to do was insert a game and press start to play...

Please use plain text.
Message 447 of 514 (291 Views)

Playstation Staff

Oh, the good old days where all we had to do was insert a game and press start to play...

As far as I remember from the good old days we usually had to cope with various problems back then as welll

• excruciating loading times (not so fond memories of the C64 tape drive)
  • game crashes was at least as common back in the day (Amiga Guru meditations)
  • Interesting attempts for early security like questions from manual or special sheets before you where allowed to play the a game
  • Hardware incompatabilites on PC. Getting games to work properly with my Gravis Ultrasound or Voodo Rush cards could occationally be quite a lot of work.

Hm. This makes we feel practically ancient though I'm supposed to be just a few years above the average gamer age (which I seem to remember is 37).

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 448 of 514 (255 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

borgaro wrote:

• Interesting attempts for early security like questions from manual or special sheets before you where allowed to play the a game 

Oh the memories!! This was such a cool method of security, enter the word in the third column of page 91 of the game manual ... arghhh that's where I spilt my tea ... off to find the dial up BBS then maybe LOL! :Lol:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 449 of 514 (248 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

borgaro schrieb:

As far as I remember from the good old days we usually had to cope with various problems back then as welll

• excruciating loading times (not so fond memories of the C64 tape drive)
  • game crashes was at least as common back in the day (Amiga Guru meditations)
  • Hardware incompatabilites on PC. Getting games to work properly with my Gravis Ultrasound or Voodo Rush cards could occationally be quite a lot of work.

Hm. This makes we feel practically ancient though I'm supposed to be just a few years above the average gamer age (which I seem to remember is 37).

Err... The good old day (of console gaming) where all we had to do was insert a game (cartridge) and press start to play!

I must admit I didn't grow up with all those classic (PC) games, I used to be a console gamer only. But I am in the process of (re-)discovering the good old games, lots of gems to be found, that's for sure.

I'm also a fan of point-and-click adventure games and actually we have a pretty good developer here in Germany that makes good adventures in the spirit of the old classics. They also include retro-copy-protection measures from time to time, like that "dial-a-pirate" that was used for Monkey Island, while also doing without other restrictive DRM-means.

I think that's a really cool nod to the fans and by listening to them they got quite a lot of loyal customers.

Still, all those new developments in the industry already make me feel quite old, longing for the "good old days" while being some years younger than that average gamer age you mentioned.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 450 of 514 (160 Views)
0 Kudos