Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Play TV Auto Off crashing PS3

I was refunded, but the upgrade is still active on my account. Only way I found to workaround was the previously mentioned system deactivation. I have been using my PS3 like this for a few months now with no issues, much better then reverting to V1.00.

I figure that if they ever do release a fix, I will at least have the upgrade available for free... minor recompense for the whole episode...

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 571 of 702 (1,808 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Obviously I have seen the Xbox One reveal, looks like Microsoft is making a serious Play for this audience.

Seriously Sony you need to get this fixed if you want to stay in the game. What kind of message does this send to your prospective PS4 customers.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 572 of 702 (1,789 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Cheers Neil Everett, looks like I'm going down the same route, however they wouldnt refund me as I had owned it for "2 years", and when I rang the cheaper number for Playstation support (020 7859 5000) the girl on the other end said she had been told not to put people through anymore and was giving out the 0844 number, all in all leaving a very bad taste in the mouth, thank goodness the Xbox One looks quite good.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 573 of 702 (1,785 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I've been having the same problems for a long time, I just thought it was down to my PS3 and not the actual software. Mine seems to freeze:

* When I am playing a game and a recording starts (usually 10 minutes before)
* When I am watching a Blu-ray and a recording starts
* First recording of the day when the PS3 is off
* If I click on 'Find related programs'
* If I try and search for a program
* Sometimes when a recording starts and the PS3 is off (sometimes it is fine)
* Stuttering when playing a recording (have to quit back to the menu and go back onto the recording)
* Odd freeze when I try and move around the menus to fast - such as going through the already recorded programs list

Had PlayTV since the day it came out for my bedroom TV and its getting annoying now. Was holding out for the PS4 and a similar product to PlayTV for it but after finding out this is a wider issue I might just by a standalone PVR. The only way I have found for it to not freeze 100% while recording is to leave the PS3 on during the recording times on the PlayTV menu screen. Hardly practical and wastes electric though.

Running Version 02.03 with the paid add-on by the way. Hopefully a fix is round the corner, but with various sources from Sony spouting the same statements I can't see it happening at all.

Please use plain text.
Message 574 of 702 (1,684 Views)
Level 3

Playstation Staff

A few months ago my PS3 wouldn't turn OFF, even after using the button at the back the problem persisted and the only way to fix it to my knowledge was a factory reset. 

I can't help but think PlayTV was involved...

...I continue to use it because I'm a chump.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 575 of 702 (620 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

It might be worth airing our views here :smileyhappy: 

http://www.facebook.com/SonyUK/posts/641780109168846?comment_id=116635068&offset=0&total_comments=1&...

I've also informed Watchdog because Sony are clearly fobbing us off with this "we're working on it" (for seven months ?!?!?)

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 576 of 702 (611 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

There was an update to play tv this morning, any improvement??
Please use plain text.
Message 577 of 702 (585 Views)
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Beetlebum89 wrote:

You are correct, System Update 2.04 is now live :Smile:

It's an 88MB Update

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 578 of 702 (581 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

TBH I was thinking of firing an email off to Watchdog, I'll see how this update works out.....then I might just do that.  Maybe shaming them might get them to fix it!! :Confused:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 579 of 702 (574 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Beetlebum89 wrote:

Yes this update has been released to address the issues you guys have been having. Please provide feedback in this thread on weather things have improved and I will pass it on to the team.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
Message 580 of 702 (1,277 Views)