Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Play TV Auto Off crashing PS3

Note too that this issue affects all ps3s - phat, slim, super slim - on a phat running play tv for 4.25 years to a slim July 2012 model thats 5 days old with a brand new harddrive - no 'restore from backup' a complete clean install.

This is complete garbage from fony - if there planning to offer this with the ps4, not sure I'd buy it after this -
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 141 of 702 (414 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Solution from Sony to avoid 2.03:

install V1
Turn off Auto Update

Its been escalated to Sony head office apparently - I will give it a couple weeks to see if anything will be done.

If Sony offer PVR functionality with the PS4 - think they can jog on lol
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 142 of 702 (382 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Is that an official Sony response? If they do actually escalate it to head office it might mean something happens i suppose. Did they give any timelines?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 143 of 702 (376 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

That's what the support guy said re my request for a refund.

I said I'll give it a couple of weeks. I didn't get a timeframe of when to expect a better solution.

I went through play tv v1 with him and pointed out it only wants to update to 2.0.3 - I said it would be good to put the last stable version on PSN which was 1.43 (with upscaled sd). And I said its probably down to play tv not being tested with the latest system firmware

He said as it was causing the system to freeze he will escalate to head office - he said they were already looking into it...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 144 of 702 (367 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Note i notice the first post in this 15 page thread started on 22-08-2012 04:10 PM - nearly 6 months ago - so i wont expect a solution in two weeks, in fact, i doubt they'll be a solution at all - clearly play tv has been forgotten about and I understand the Cambridge studio that created and maintained it have been sacked-off by Sony!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 145 of 702 (357 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

We'd probably have more luck with Watchdog or getting a gaming site to report on it!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 146 of 702 (307 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I too have this problem. Planned obsolescence in the run up to ps4?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 147 of 702 (306 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

I have just downgraded play tv abd the problem is worse than ever before! Search just freezes with purple screen a cogwheel in the top left on every occasion. On 2.03 sometimes it froze, sometimes it didn't.

This is ***** ridiculous.

Uninstalling & buying a standaline DTV player tomorrow as this problem is also making my games freeze. Unsure if the problem is play tv running in the background, or of it is firmware update 4.31. It needs sorting as it is obviously affecting a lot of users!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 148 of 702 (295 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

They can censor the word "f king" but they can't get their software updates to work? That is about right!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 149 of 702 (294 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

I've now contacted Watchdog, Digital spy, edge etc... Will see!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 150 of 702 (279 Views)
0 Kudos