LIexa01

30%
02 Rank
Progress

Playstation3 damaged

3 Replies 188 Views Created 07-11-2017
07 Nov 2017
By LIexa01

Hello, I have a major problem with my Ps3. I haven't used him maybe 2 or 3 years. Today I decided to plug him in and update. At first it wouldn't display the image transfered to my tv . I managed to fix that but when it turned on and displayed the home screen I saw small orange dots flickering all over my screen(uploaded video).After that I found out that the sound was corrupted. The sound was not going smooth. It was skipping. I tried to find a way to fix everything,but I didn't find anything. I don't know what the exact problem is. I would go and bring my ps3 to a random worker at the shop but he wouldn't help. I feel like my entire Ps3 is damaged and not for use. But it works except those screen and audio problems. If you have any clue what the hell this is ,please let me know. Thank you all in advance.

0 Kudos
LABELS: My System
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nfsmwuk

87%
05 Rank
Progress
nfsmwuk
Accepted Solution

I would say it's the GPU.. or could be the HDMI connection in the TV. Have you tried using a different HDMI cable in a different HDMI port? if so, and the artifacts remain, it could be a malfunctioning on-board GPU in the PlayStation 3 itself. And if that's the case, it would require repair.

Playstation3 damaged

In my humble opinion, in the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

LIexa01

30%
02 Rank
Progress
LIexa01
nfsmwuk
Accepted Solution

I have thought about changing the HDMI cable. But the problem was i haven't found my own so i used my friends hdmi cable. And right now at this moment i found my cable and changed it. It actually worked. thank you for your reply. thank you so much :D

0 Kudos

Playstation3 damaged

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

nfsmwuk

87%
05 Rank
Progress
nfsmwuk
LIexa01
Accepted Solution

You're welcome.

Playstation3 damaged

In my humble opinion, in the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself.
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel