03 Jul 2012
Playstation Staff

Problem with PS3 and Inverter

3 Replies 254 Views Created 03-07-2012
Yesterday I read in PS3 Manual that I should not use PS3 with inverter. I don't use but here in my town I get electric disconnection.So when the power goes off all the load of the appliance at my home is taken by the Inverter. I turn the PS3 off in 5-10 minutes but I wonder if this has/would caused/cause any problem. Plz help
Manish Max Naik
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4 (254 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Re: Problem with PS3 and Inverter

[ Edited ]

hi, sorry could you explaine what an inverter is?  

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

It is called POWER INVERTER. It gets charged though AC input(Home main Power Supply). Batteries are charged. But Battery gives DC output so inverter convert DC to AC so that home appliance can run when Main AC power goes off.
Manish Max Naik
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4 (232 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

hmm,

OK that sounds like it could cause a problem with the ps3. The Ps3 uses a lot of juice. I have heard about a trucker who used a power inverter in his truck for the PS3 and it nearly caught fire. I think the PS3 runs on 200wats continuously. i am not sure how inverters run their power. but the reports i have looked into for you suggest its not a good idea.

leave this with me for around a week and i will see what i can dig up for you.

one more thing where are you based? i am U.K i ask because it may be different with diff places. i.e uk power outlet differs from the usa.

regards

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)
0 Kudos