Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Controller Random Button Pressing

fowls35 wrote:
hi there how do you reset the ds3?

on the back there is a tiny little hole with a reset button. Press it with a pin or paper clip, then connect to ps3 via usb to resinc.

http://www.ehow.com/how_5510542_reset-ps-controller.html

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 48 (23,056 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I'm still having the same problems, mainly the up button on d-pad going off randomly. It was a fairly new controller as well (3 months) so I thought it was faulty and returned it for a replacement. Same problem on the new one so I think it must be the game. BYW I had a quick try with a really old (3y+) controller and didn't have the problem but only used it for a couple of games. Will have another look.......

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 48 (23,044 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

Put down those contollers kids.You are all having eptileptic seizers.:Stupid:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 48 (23,035 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

*Bump*

IM havin the same problems and its VERRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY annoyinggg! 15/20 of my deaths in black ops is because of this glitch!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 48 (22,966 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

just had to post here, ive experienced the exact same problems and i think i may have fixed my pad.

like others have posted whilst playing any game really (so i dont beleive it is game specific, seen a lot of people namely blame it on B.O but i dont beleive it is the case) randomly one of the 4 directional buttons will activate.

now this is the second pad that has had this problem, my first which was a brand new red one started with this problem after just 2 weeks, my ps3 then developed the YLOD, so i bought a new ps3 and obviously got a brand new pad with it, this pad lasted a month b4 the problems started occuring.

anyways all i did was open up the pad and gave it a real good cleaning, once you have the back of the pad off you will need to locate the single screw that holds the circuit board firmly in place, remove that screw then remove the board, underneath you will then be able to get at the white piece of rubber that the buttons use, clean any dust/hairs that may be stuck to the rubber, then also clean the flimsy bit of see through plastic which the buttons press against (i beleive cleaning the flimsy plastic was the key here)

and thats it, once i put everything back together (this bit will really test your patience lol) i reset the pad for good measure, its now been about 2 hours of cod/fifa playing and the random button pressing has stopped.

good luck hope this helps

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 48 (22,906 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Same problem here. I acquired my PS3 in Tokyo the day of launch, the problem has been there since day 1, but only with the triangle button. This only happens with the first pads I got back then though; I have also a dual-shock one and it doesnt happen with that one. The other 2 pads both say "Made in Japan" on the back. I guess the first few pads that were made for launch were faulty.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 48 (22,738 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i also have the problem with my triangle, up d-pad button and also once threw a grenade without me touching the button, so annoying as im playing black ops

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 27 of 48 (22,148 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

for what is worth to anyone who sees this, watch this video, try it and see what happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw1qA&list=FLYR4Q8w9LGVVviwOX9fVRZg&index=2

I just did this 4 hours ago and everything's been good.  And that was happening to me 6-8 times an hour.  I would keep pulling my claymore out or switch weapongs.  Annoying as hell, but it's gone.  My K/D will thank me later.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 48 (21,935 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

My controller has that same issue but just that it only presses random buttons ( almost all buttons) when I press L3 or when I move the Left analog stick around. Other wise it would be working fine.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 48 (21,779 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i've been having this same issue.
in reading this it occurred to me, the minute possibility that the downloaded content, or stuff the PS3 stores from the disc for quick loading could be corrupted.
If trying tio delete that and replace it, redownload it works for anyone, please let me know.

I've gone through like 10 controllers or so.... From game to game, over time, the buttons have been different, but i can't say for sure if it persisted with the controller from game to game at the time.... i often play one game for long periods of time. and memory (human memory) is subjective.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 48 (21,762 Views)
0 Kudos