24 Dec 2010
Playstation Staff

Ps3 Controller Random Button Pressing

47 Replies 39,827 Views Created 24-12-2010

Seems this is a rare problem, but I will describe it as best I can. Basically when I'm playing Black Ops online my controller acts weird and activates a button I have not even touched! Very annoying as my character is constantly randomly jumping and equipping his pistol and claymore when I haven't even pressed anything. I thought it may be the wireless of the controller so I played with the USB cable plugged in. This seemed to fix the problem for a few weeks but now the controller is pressing random buttons even with the USB cable attached.

I read that it may be my PS3's internal wireless board going faulty but I'm not sure...

Anyone know of this problem or how to fix it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas :Smile:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 48 (39,827 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Controller Random Button Pressing

hey dude, it maybe the battery in the controller,have you reset the ds3 if not try that & resync it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 48 (39,821 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hey I reset the controller last night and re-synced it but that didn't fix the problem, and I don't think it's the battery since I'm using the controller while it's plugged in via USB so it isn't using the battery right now... Thanks for the reply though :smile:
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 48 (39,781 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Just tried the reset method again and it's still just the same... Anyone have any idea what else it could be?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 48 (39,754 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

It's the game my friend.
By any chance is it the shoot button?
I HATE ppl hu tlk like this bruv.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 48 (39,746 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

No it's almost every button... And it's not the game because I tried playing Mass Effect 2 and had the same problem
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 48 (39,739 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 5

Playstation Staff

Oh,
It is your controller then, as my controller was making random button presses on black ops too.
I HATE ppl hu tlk like this bruv.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 48 (39,725 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

OMG, i got same problem. It happened to me after the latest patch that messed up the multiplayer.

When I tap L1 to zoom in it sometimes shoots. When im moving/running with the left joystick/L3

switches to my secondary and takes out my equipment (which would be triangle and up arrow).

Btw do you lot use tactical button layout, maybe this is the problem. I havernt tried it though.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 48 (39,710 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

I have the exact same problem! Its only with the Triangle button thought. In black ops it either keeps opening my friend list up in lobbies or changes to my secondary in game. I thought it was the game at first, but as i was playing in a multiplayer race in GTA IV, i was in first place and the same thing happened and my player bailed out of the vehicle when I was going fast and in the lead costing me the race, was funny to watch tbh, but i'd rather play without this problem! I think it may be something in the controller, perhaps wiring or something. I have dropped it many times by accident!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 48 (39,433 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

The best i can suggest is to open the controller and clean it out some of the buttons might have some gunk underneath them.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 48 (39,425 Views)
0 Kudos