31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Ps3 Going Very Slow

23 Replies 17,352 Views Created 01-05-2010

Ok so lately my ps3 have been loading games very very slowly.. but today it got very annoying it takes 10minutes to load from area to area on games... and 5minutes just to get into the playstation menu...

anyone know why this is?

i have tried to format it twice and restore it to factory details.. but it wont work.... tried to clean some dust off of it.. but still wont work... im starting to think its just a malfunction in the ps3?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
/16

MST2009

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
MST2009
Accepted Solution

Has it been since the update?

0 Kudos

Re: Ps3 Going Very Slow

/16

Rikku572

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rikku572
Accepted Solution

well.. yeah kinda... it wasnt slow in the PS menu or that slow in the games before the latest update... is there something wrong with the update?

0 Kudos

/16

Rikku572

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Rikku572
Accepted Solution

k, the problem has gotten even worse now... i did a System Restore.. but it froze at 37% and now it wont even startup.. i press the startup button... and it doesnt send a signal to the TV and i cant turn it off again... its just like frozen in place>_>

0 Kudos

/16

Xenad

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xenad
Accepted Solution

I got the same problem.

PS3 60gb version. While playing Fifa10 some days ago i noticed some lag while playing.

This became worse and now the whole menu is very very slow. The menu is like watching online pictures with an old phone modem connection.

Seems like the harddisk has a hard time but no clue why. Got 30gb free atm.

So i have some local 'lag' now and no idea what to do about it.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
you could TRY booting into safe mode,option 3 - see link below, but be sure to read about the implications of choosing the wrong option.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4545&...

This will delete any corrupt data that could be causing the problem.
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

Xenad

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xenad
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the help.

I got to save mode and did two options: 3. Restore File System and 4. Rebuild Database.

Still my system is slow. Tried a local Wall-E trailer and it is stuttering.

Next i will try restore and if that wont work then a format is all that is left.

But first i need a backup of the save files but the systems freezes while making a backup. :smileysad:

Will be continued.

0 Kudos

/16

Xenad

31%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Xenad
Accepted Solution

Did a restore and when that didnt help i used the format option.

Tthe format option didnt solve my hdd problem. It's stil stuttering.

No idea what to do now. All help is welcome.

0 Kudos

/16

braders292

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
braders292
Accepted Solution

So the PS3 data isnt corrupt?  and youve done a restore =P  sounds like a prt of the PS3 might of broke or something.  you might wana phone up sony tech support on 0844 736 0595 (UK)

otherwise ll i can reccomend is to check your settings and see if something is ticked that shouldnt be =P

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
“Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me' though, if you jumble it up.” :-)
/16

dunblane1

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dunblane1
Accepted Solution

i sort of got this probolem but its different. I start my ps3 then it loads up and everything is fine i go onto my chosen user and this is were the probolem starts,all the main menu icons at the top e.g games friends ect. but then nothing else loads for like 10 to 20 mins, Also when it does load i start my game and i have tested all of my games it says that i need to update them,  one game i had updated in the previous week. The worst is little big planet it says the game data has diverged and all data must be deleted to carry on i must say this game was running particularily slow the previous day.

if anyone can help it would be masivly appreciated as this is my second ps3 to brake.

thnxs

dunblane1

0 Kudos

/16

TTDegs

93%
04 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
TTDegs
Accepted Solution
try safe boot mode, option 3 - see link below, but be sure to read about the implications of choosing the wrong option.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4545&...

Note that occasionally, a second safe boot may be required, choosing option 4 this time.
Option 4 WILL remove some (less vital) stuff - see above link for details.

Backup of game saves are always a good idea though, just in case.
You have 2 options - individual saves to usb stick, or a full backup to external usb HDD
0 Kudos

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

/16

dunblane1

23%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dunblane1
Accepted Solution

thnxs i followed ur addvise until i accidentaly wiped my system data and now its working! so thnx but no thnxs

dunblane1

0 Kudos

/16

Goffo

88%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Goffo
Accepted Solution

It would appear that you know your stuff on ps3 technical issues around here,and i would like to thank u for the help last night. Personally i'm still having problems with 800010514 and the lack of blu ray disc reading.. i've never been on the technical forums before because i've never had an issue, but since my problem started its all ive been reading..Am i right in thinking that this firmware update has caused an increase in reports of ps3 failures..As your here pretty much all the time i wondered if youve seen any trends...

0 Kudos

/16

optimumone

28%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
optimumone
Accepted Solution

My PS3 slim (320GB) got slower too after the 3.66 update, I already tried quick and full format, restore file system and rebuild database but still the system is too slow. Any other solutions? Please help, I just had my PS3 about eight months and now it has this problem.

In any chances will my PS3 be fixed if there will be a new update release?

0 Kudos

/16

dfhksuhfk

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
dfhksuhfk
Accepted Solution

my 1 yr old brother drop my from about 4 ft. and it goes really slow. Does anyone know what to do ?

0 Kudos

S.W.A.G
/16

Jackisnotcool

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jackisnotcool
Accepted Solution

We had the same problem, slow startup, gaming a bit laggy & sometimes complete freeze.

Had a read around on the forums and decided overheating may be an issue, so we set about cleaning the PS3 from inside. Took lid off, lots of dust inside, especially around fan and power supply module, but nothing that would significantly reduce air flow.

The fan was totally caked in a layer of fine dust, which led me to beleive that it could be slowing the fan down enough to cause problems, especially if the PS3 monitors fan speed as a safety measure. So, I unscrewed the fan assembly (2 screws)  and gave it a damn good hoovering with a soft brush. ( a paint brush and hoover would work too).

Got it all back together and fired it up..... worked perfectly. Problem solved, hope this helps.

0 Kudos

/16

Jackisnotcool

22%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Jackisnotcool
Accepted Solution
P.S. I got the 3 security T8 torx screws out with a 1.5mm flat bit, it fits alongside the bump in the centre of the screw.
0 Kudos

/16

panteroc

33%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
panteroc
Accepted Solution

Can I shut down the PS3 while trying to enter Safe Mode? I'm asking this because I can't contect the controller to the PS3

0 Kudos

/16

Espinal_7

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Espinal_7
Accepted Solution
i got a similar problem. every time i play a game it kinda freezes and i try to quit game but my screen stays black an it cant turn off. when i play FIFA 12 they run super slow. SOMEONE HELP
0 Kudos

/16

plzINPUTname

21%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
plzINPUTname
Accepted Solution
Iv been having that same problem. My la noire has had trouble. Also my games r slow it sometimes is slow when starting up. At one point it just froze. The tv screen didn't have a picture on it and it wouldn't turn off. I found something on YouTube tho.
If u have the blank screen prob u have 2 hold down the power button until it turns it's self off. (b4 doin this unplug then replug the ps3.) U do the same thing again (hold power button down) this time the ps3 will do 2 quick beeps when it does that take ur finger off the button. It will then give u a list of things that u can do. (restart, restore, rebuild data base and so on.)
I did this but it's still slow. Hope this has helped ppl out.
0 Kudos

/16

Gertjandebaan

29%
02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Gertjandebaan
Accepted Solution

Ylod is a thing that causing slow then dead off the ps3 clean en reflow will help

memory is half powerd, sorry for my bad lines. iam dutch.

0 Kudos

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel