01 May 2010
Playstation Staff

Ps3 Going Very Slow

23 Replies 16,891 Views Created 01-05-2010

Ok so lately my ps3 have been loading games very very slowly.. but today it got very annoying it takes 10minutes to load from area to area on games... and 5minutes just to get into the playstation menu...

anyone know why this is?

i have tried to format it twice and restore it to factory details.. but it wont work.... tried to clean some dust off of it.. but still wont work... im starting to think its just a malfunction in the ps3?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24 (16,891 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Ps3 Going Very Slow

Has it been since the update?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24 (16,880 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

well.. yeah kinda... it wasnt slow in the PS menu or that slow in the games before the latest update... is there something wrong with the update?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24 (16,876 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

k, the problem has gotten even worse now... i did a System Restore.. but it froze at 37% and now it wont even startup.. i press the startup button... and it doesnt send a signal to the TV and i cant turn it off again... its just like frozen in place>_>

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24 (16,848 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

I got the same problem.

PS3 60gb version. While playing Fifa10 some days ago i noticed some lag while playing.

This became worse and now the whole menu is very very slow. The menu is like watching online pictures with an old phone modem connection.

Seems like the harddisk has a hard time but no clue why. Got 30gb free atm.

So i have some local 'lag' now and no idea what to do about it.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24 (16,763 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 8

Playstation Staff

you could TRY booting into safe mode,option 3 - see link below, but be sure to read about the implications of choosing the wrong option.
http://faq.en.playstation.com/cgi-bin/scee_gb.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?locale=en_GB&p_faqid=4545&...

This will delete any corrupt data that could be causing the problem.

* YLOD? * *PSN Connection Problems?* *Blu Ray Problems

And we weren't even testing for that.. :Thumbs:

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24 (16,754 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Thanks for the help.

I got to save mode and did two options: 3. Restore File System and 4. Rebuild Database.

Still my system is slow. Tried a local Wall-E trailer and it is stuttering.

Next i will try restore and if that wont work then a format is all that is left.

But first i need a backup of the save files but the systems freezes while making a backup. :smileysad:

Will be continued.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24 (16,750 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Did a restore and when that didnt help i used the format option.

Tthe format option didnt solve my hdd problem. It's stil stuttering.

No idea what to do now. All help is welcome.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 24 (16,724 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

So the PS3 data isnt corrupt?  and youve done a restore =P  sounds like a prt of the PS3 might of broke or something.  you might wana phone up sony tech support on 0844 736 0595 (UK)

otherwise ll i can reccomend is to check your settings and see if something is ticked that shouldnt be =P

“Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me' though, if you jumble it up.” :-)
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24 (16,720 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

i sort of got this probolem but its different. I start my ps3 then it loads up and everything is fine i go onto my chosen user and this is were the probolem starts,all the main menu icons at the top e.g games friends ect. but then nothing else loads for like 10 to 20 mins, Also when it does load i start my game and i have tested all of my games it says that i need to update them,  one game i had updated in the previous week. The worst is little big planet it says the game data has diverged and all data must be deleted to carry on i must say this game was running particularily slow the previous day.

if anyone can help it would be masivly appreciated as this is my second ps3 to brake.

thnxs

dunblane1

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24 (15,767 Views)
0 Kudos