PS3 Support

PS3 Support

10 Feb 2013
By: scissett

4 Posts

Ps3 sound skipping

[ Edited ]
6 Replies 319 Views edited 11-02-2013

Hi. When the load up tune comes on my sound is jumping. This is also happening when I'm playing a movie that I have uploaded or when watching anything through the iplayer and the other apps. Disk games work fine with no problems and same with DVD. Can anyone help. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (319 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Ps3 sound

Hi scissett,

I would advise running through the Safe Mode options. Give the guide a good read first as some of the options will delete data from your console.

Please let me know how you get on.

SFZ

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (291 Views)
0 Kudos

Re: Ps3 sound skipping

Yeah I will look through it. It's working fine off a disk just seems to be when playing a file I've loaded up ie a film will this still be the same solution. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (285 Views)
0 Kudos

Nope still having the same problem
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (271 Views)
0 Kudos

If discs play ok but files from the HDD are distorted then the may be an issue with the drive its self. Do you have any downloaded games on the system?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (265 Views)
0 Kudos

No not yet, I've tried a demo but that had the same effect with the jumping of sound. It's Probly only a month old the ps3. Is it a Job for the store I got it from or Sony?
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (259 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

You can DIY replace the hard drive yourself very easily and it won't void the warranty.

Will probably be much quicker than sending it off too :smileywink:

All you need is a 2.5" SATA hard drive at 5400RPM which can be found on amazon or in any PC shop.

For replacing the drive there are many YouTube guides, such as this one for slim consoles:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3_fqTkZKQ

And this one for fat consoles:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AuyQPW3bDS0

Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (253 Views)
0 Kudos