17 May 2011
By NavaY

Playstation Staff

Screen goes black after starting game

5 Replies 2,906 Views Created 17-05-2011

Hello,

I got a problem with FIFA 11 and would like to know if there is any way out of this.

After the PSN was restored, I thought to myself: "Finally I can play FIFA 11 online again", but when I put the disc in and clicked on FIFA 11 in the game menu the screen just went black and I had to switch off the PS3 by holding the power button for a couple of seconds.

I have tried it numerous times but the outcome was always the same.

There are some fingerprints on the disc visible but the PS3 recognised it as FIFA 11.

My BluRay discs and other games work fine.

I googled around a bit and there were a few pages where Users wrote that deleting the Game data Utility for FIFA 11 and the game saves should solve it.

I did that but whenever I start FIFA 11 now it just goes black again, but after a couple of seconds it goes back to the PS3 XMB homescreen again.

Does anyone know how I can get to play FIFA 11 again? (except buying a new copy of the game, but that will be the very last resort)

Any constructive input will be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6 (2,906 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Screen goes black after starting game

Had this problem started off with fifa11 deleted gamesave data.....did nothing.

then started the happen on COD....

Then fight night

then everything else.....

blu-ray laser is very slowly on its way out......

bought a new PS3

still cant play *****

because i still cant get on PSN!

Peace & Love
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6 (2,855 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

******* PLEASE READ THIS AS THIS IS HOW TO FIX YOUR SOLUTION ******
NOTE : you do not have to reset your ps3!  only reset your ps3 if the following does not work OR no games will load.

I had the same problem, the ps3 will turn on everything fine, but when i load cod black ops a black screen comes up. but when i load other games such as: Pro Evolution, Cod mw2 it loads fine.

So here is what to do:

1. Delete the 'Game data utility'  and 'save data utility' of the game which will not load. (this will delete your for eg if you play cod the campaign mode progress will be lost but your online will be fine.

2. go to GAME SETTINGS under the SETTINGS, Then go to the first one i believe its called, PS UPscaler or something. change this to FULLSCREEN. then go back on the game and it should work, if this doesnt then i think you
   should do the playstation restore thing.

IF THIS DOES WORK, then please rate this or whatever you do on here so others can make use of this too.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6 (2,441 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 4

Playstation Staff

Why resurrect a dead thread?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6 (2,424 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

seems as know one is goin g to help you imma give it a crack if the game is badly scrathed then put tooth paste on it and then wipe it of with toilet papper it will work after that if here is still tooth paste on ot than wash is than dry it than play it ive tried it multiple tmes workes great

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6 (543 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Also the disc might be scratched in some areas where it effect s the main menu
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6 (512 Views)
0 Kudos