02 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post

Slow download speeds after 4.20 update

1 Reply 207 Views Created 01-07-2012

Hello all,

I've noticed after downloading and installing the new 4.20 update that my wireless download speeds have drastically fallen. Before the update I would get 4.5 mbps at worst, now I am getting 330 kbps. I've even moved the router closer than before the update. My signal strength is at 92%. I have no issues playing online or connecting to PSN but downloading anything from demos to updates takes forever. Recently I downloaded the Battlefield 3 update and it said it would take 755 minutes! Any help with this issue would be appreciated. I would like to avoid a direct connection between my router and PS3 as I don't feel like having ethernet cable running all over the house.

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel
MVP
/16

mont348

• MVP
98%
11 Rank
Progress
Playstation Staff

Problem Solved

View Original Post
mont348
Accepted Solution

Have you tried rebooting your router? Sometimes switching a router off for a few minutes often helps from experience. 

I have similar speeds myself around 5 to 7 MB connection can usually download 1GB of data in 40 to 50 minutes. That's using a wired connection, but if you don't want wires trailing round your house web search homeplugs use them myself upstairs.

0 Kudos

Re: Slow download speeds after 4.20 update

Nested replies sux what were they thinking?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel