60%
02 Rank
Progress
Accepted Solution

So when can we pre-download GTA 5 ? Why is Sony europe so LAZY

101 Replies 3,678 Views Created 13-09-2013
13 Sep 2013
By MASPALOMAZ

Seems the people in europe working for sony enjoy hiding mostly, like the head of EU communications has 3 tweets and we still cant download GTA 5 even tho thousands of people tried at midnight, whats going on here ?

Cant sony fire all these lazy people and have some people who LOVE working for sony instead?

0 Kudos
LABELS:
View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel

Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

Hi guys,

I can confirm that GTA V will be available to pre-download on Monday the 16th September.

I will try to find out why the date has changed but its confirmed that the pre-download will be on the 16th.

SFZ

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Re: So when can we pre-download GTA 5 ? Why is Sony europe so LAZY

All Replies

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

MASPALOMAZ wrote:

Seems the people in europe working for sony enjoy hiding mostly, like the head of EU communications has 3 tweets and we still cant download GTA 5 even tho thousands of people tried at midnight, whats going on here ?

Cant sony fire all these lazy people and have some people who LOVE working for sony instead?

GTA V is not out until Tuesday the 17th.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution

Thanks for the reply even if its not helpful. When purchasing in PSN it said pre-download is september 13, and it also says in the download list its available to download september 13. So that its available to play on September 17 to play (its 17 GB after all not everone has 100mbit line).

So thats why a ton of people stayed up til midnight yesterday to download it. But nothing.

It would be helpful if you could get us a time on when the pre-order is charged and available for download because the download list still says september 13. 

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

On the Store it says that the playable date is the 17th and the payment date is 15th - 18.

I will look into this fot you. To help can you tell me at what point in the process did it state that you could download on the 13th?

Thanks,

SFZ

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution
It says September 13 when you add it to cart on ps3 / purchase it, i just checked again it still stays pre-download september 13 when you add it in the store. And in the download list in the store (also on ps3) it says availalable today. But it does not let you download it. Only that Blimp DLC.

I pre-order bioshock infinite and a ton of other games in psn store and all let you download the game a couple of days early. One day is not enough for many people with slow internet especially at 17gb. This needs to get fixed today even I know most sony employers are already in the weekend on a friday morning.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
Beta Tester
/16

SuperFastZombie

• Beta Tester
92%
04 Rank
Progress
SuperFastZombie
Accepted Solution

MASPALOMAZ wrote:
It says September 13 when you add it to cart on ps3 / purchase it, i just checked again it still stays pre-download september 13 when you add it in the store. And in the download list in the store (also on ps3) it says availalable today. But it does not let you download it. Only that Blimp DLC.

I pre-order bioshock infinite and a ton of other games in psn store and all let you download the game a couple of days early. One day is not enough for many people with slow internet especially at 17gb. This needs to get fixed today even I know most sony employers are already in the weekend on a friday morning.

Ok no worries. I will ask the Store team of the status of this pre-order and when it will be available to download. 

SFZ 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution
Will the thousands of honest Sony customers who stayed up all night yesterday to download it, be compensated for their dissapointment? Is working at Sony really so horrible that you guys dont love your job?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution

so i will assume now the download is fixed ASAP so everyone can preload it today. I still expect a compensation and personal consequences, it is inacceptable that every week sony europe trolls customers. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Day_w_

43%
02 Rank
Progress
Day_w_
Accepted Solution
They never guaranteed you could download it on the 13th when you pre-order the game it said " expected " download date the 13th. But Can you please tell us if the game will be available to play at midnight BST or do we have to wait till midnight PST. Thanks
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MrTxM

33%
02 Rank
Progress
MrTxM
Accepted Solution

When I go to my Download List it says that it's available for download on the 13th, the theme says available for download on the 16th and the Blimp DLC can be downloaded now.

The game needs to be available for pre-load because of the file size. Not everyone has fast internet.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ceois

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Ceois
Accepted Solution

Guys are you SLEEPING in your socks? When you PREORDER the game it SAYS you can PRELOAD the game starting on September 13. Why can't we preload it yet?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vozone

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Vozone
Accepted Solution
I've got the same issue. I even received a message on my ps3 that there is pre-ordered content to be downloaded, but when I went to the download management section I found it empty.

I understand that with the whole issue of the leaks the pre-download was frozen, but when I saw the 13th September, I assumed that the leak problem had been fixed and we'd be able to get the files before the launch date so that we could all be happy campers and actually be able to play on the 17th.

I am not in europe, although my psn account is attached to the Euro playstation store, this means that my dl rates are even lower than they were in europe, so my chances of actually playing the game on the 17th are pretty slim, what with all the users trying to download the game from the euro servers at once...

What's the point of a digital pre-order when I can't play the game on release? I would have been better off ordering the game online if I'd have known about these conditions before hand and I'd probably end up paying less than the incomprehensible 69€ you ask for a downloadable game.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

corcovado

25%
02 Rank
Progress
corcovado
Accepted Solution

When I pre-ordered the game, it clearly said pre-download on the 13th. So now it's the 16th... I only pre-ordered online so I can play from midnight, but now I'm considereing a cancalation and go to a store instead. I really hope we can start downloading early on the 16th. I also undetstand the problem with leaks, but seriously, the game has leaked already, and come this weekend lots of people will have obtained a copy.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Vozone

71%
02 Rank
Progress
Vozone
Accepted Solution

corcovado escreveu:

When I pre-ordered the game, it clearly said pre-download on the 13th. So now it's the 16th... I only pre-ordered online so I can play from midnight, but now I'm considereing a cancalation and go to a store instead. I really hope we can start downloading early on the 16th. I also undetstand the problem with leaks, but seriously, the game has leaked already, and come this weekend lots of people will have obtained a copy.

In my case i've already added the funds to psn through my paypal, so I'm pretty much stuck with my choice, and I live in a country where GTA V has been banned even before release. But if you haven't put the money in your account, hitting a store would be a good option imho.

(and there go my chances of ever working for SCE)

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

BUYM

65%
02 Rank
Progress
BUYM
Accepted Solution

We need to get a chane to pre-download the game before it comes at least 2 days before the release, cuz if not it will be fruitlessly to pre-order any game from PSN and it destroys the convenience factor that this method holds. Please check this problem and fix it as soon as possible .

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

CrazyMadHatter

40%
02 Rank
Progress
CrazyMadHatter
Accepted Solution

this it bad the reason most people decided to get it from you guys is because we could have it all downloaded ready to play for when its out there no way we can do it in one day!

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Truth_Gamer

60%
02 Rank
Progress
Truth_Gamer
Accepted Solution
Any update about the time?
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

MASPALOMAZ

60%
02 Rank
Progress
MASPALOMAZ
Accepted Solution
yeah what about a time for the download, or even better.. make sony customers check every hour if the gta5 download finally is available... ??? was fun to make 1000s of sony customers stay up til midnight to download gta5 right.
0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

XL17Frost

42%
02 Rank
Progress
XL17Frost
Accepted Solution

I'm Getting the same problem here, also in australia will it be playable after midnight straight away on the 17th? or will i have to wait for America to be the 17th?

0 Kudos

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Dark-Twisted

89%
03 Rank
Progress
Dark-Twisted
Accepted Solution

I'm adding to the thread, guys please hurry up with the game. I stayed up until midnight so I could get this going on my slow internet and play it at 12:01am release day, pre-ordering and paying the extra cost that comes with PSN. Now I can't download it 22 hours later and I'm having serious doubts whether it will even unlock at midnight. Maybe it'll unlock at midday because I'm in New Zealand.

(I'm aware some people have opinions of buying digital, but this is what I wanted to do)

I probably shouldn't have trusted Sony with this sort of thing.

also, please don't come back with something like "oh, you actually download on the 16th", that's not what it said on the order and I'd rather something be done to bring it forward.

0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Accepted Solution

View Original

Problem Solved

View Original Post
/16

Ceois

48%
02 Rank
Progress
Ceois
Accepted Solution

They cannot say : "oh, you actually download on the 16th" because we "signed" an agreement. They agreed to take our money and we agreed to be able to start the predownload on the 13th.

I don't want to cancel my preorder but if they mess it up it will and pick it up from a store.

0 Kudos

View our house rules for posts
Post Reply Update Reply Cancel