03 Nov 2008
Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Sony! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PS3

[ Edited ]
4 Replies 3,170 Views edited 03-11-2008

since 2.50 update my ps3 controllers turn off during games and wont reconnect with the ps3 even when i use the usb cable. This happens after about 5-10 minutes. It is not a fault with the controllers because i have tried with many controllers and also the controllers all switch off a the same time. When I get this problem i also cant turn off my ps3 with the standby button because the green light just keeps blinking and doesnt switch off. I have tried resetting my controllers and formatting my ps3s hard drive which both didnt solve the problem. Ive also been having problems now with the ps3 freezing when downloading or when installing. Does anyone kow the solution to this or is it best just to take my ps3 back to the shop and get a replacement?

Here is a video of somebody else having the same problem http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cvEJkRblwIs

Message Edited by Philtafish666 on 03-11-2008 05:33 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5 (3,170 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

Playstation Staff

Re : Sony! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PS3

Welcome to the family. You're now the 26th person i have met having this problem.

By the way, that video is mine. This is my thread:

http://community.eu.playstation.com/playstationeu/board/message?board.id=62&thread.id=1051916

Sony has screwed us all..they don't even comment on the issue we are experiencing. Yesterday i posted on the US Playstation.Blog about this issue, and my message got deleted.

△◯✕▢
www.aateey.com
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5 (3,163 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Re : Sony! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY PS3

have sony not replaced your ps3?
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5 (3,153 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

i can just take my ps3 back and get a replacement if i want to its just that i wanted to know if there was any fix to it to save the hassle of taking it back but sony are yet to comment
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5 (3,147 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Hi,

I'm not sure why you would be experiencing this issue, but would urge you to contact our PlayStation Careline on 08705 99 88 77.  One of the team there will run through some troubleshooting with you to see if they can find the fault, if not we can potentially replace your console.

Thanks.

NF

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5 (3,098 Views)
0 Kudos