30 Jul 2012

Playstation Staff

Sounds in-game can be played, but music in library can't

2 Replies 58 Views Created 30-07-2012

Hey guys,

Recently I have upgraded my TV and bought new cables to finally get HD.

I used a HDMI to DVI cable (there's no HMDI port, since the monitor is multifunctional and also meant for PC), gold plated, to get my PS3 graphics on the screen.

The cable doesn't support sound so I used the standard PS3 cables (the SCART) for the red and white one, I plugged them into a converter for the PC Audio In port, and I needed to use an extension for the audio because it wouldn't fit my monitor. The extensioncable has some issues (mostly the sound is only played through one speaker, either the left or the right, but it ALWAYS does play sound and I have stereo.)

At first no sound was playing, not even after going through the Sound Settings menu for a couple of times.

After restarting the PS3 I got my in-game sound working, but that's all.

I can't hear any of my music and even the small cinematics you get when you select a game are soundless.

I have tried all audio options, different frequencies and bitmapping methods, but I've been unlucky so far.

I can assure you that all the cables are good (except for the extension) and are plugged in properly.

Any suggestions or solutions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :Thumbs:

Legandary-C00kie

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3 (58 Views)
0 Kudos
Playstation Staff

Re: Sounds in-game can be played, but music in library can't

Hi Legandary-C00kie,

Have you tried the SCART connection on another device to ensure that it is working properly?

SFZ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3 (46 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Re: Sounds in-game can be played, but music in library can't

Sorry for the late response.
Don't know for sure how to answer this, since I'm not using the SCART port for my PS3 now.
I can assure you though that the SCART cable I use is fine, I just tested it.

I'm trying to find a way to test the audio cables and the converter to be sure those are fine as well.

Today I had problems with the in-game sound as well. I had to redo my audiosettings, tell the PS3 to use the AV cable, then it worked properly again, but no menu sounds nor music.

I'm going to test the music through Gran Turismo as well (the background music feature). I don't know if it even will do a thing but that can help me pin down the problem some more.

Thanks for your response!
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3 (39 Views)
0 Kudos