30 Oct 2009
By sshall

Playstation Staff
Accepted Solution

Stuck in system update loop- error 8002F1F0

69 Replies 38,740 Views Created 30-10-2009

We just got our new PS3 online for first time tonight. So far, so good. It wanted to do a system software update- sounds good, OK. At 42% on the system update progress bar, it stopped and threw up the following error message: "An error occurred during the update operation. Contact technical support." The error number is 8002F1F0. I reset the PS3, but when I powered back on it automatically went back into the update routine, with no option to get out of it, and stopped at the same point as before. This happened several times.

Can anyone advise me on how to bypass this and get back to the PS3 menu, so that I can do a manual system software update? Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 70 (38,740 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Stuck in system update loop- error 8002F1F0

Hi,

i bought my PS 3 today and during the online system update it showed the same failure!

But on my PS 3 it stops at 45%. And i also get the message: "An error occurred during the update operation. Contact technical support. (8002F1F0)"

Anyone, any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 70 (38,666 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Re: Betreff: Stuck in system update loop- error 8002F1F0

I bought my PS3 also on 30th of Oct. I have the same problem, no its blocked and I cannot do anything with it...
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 70 (38,640 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

As all three of you are having the same issue, maybe talking to each other about the things you did, the setup you have etc will help you all when you ring up Technical support. That seems the only choice.

I would recommend resetting your routers, also holding down the power on button for 5 seconds so you hear two beeps, this will do a reset on the system, hopefully this will get it out of the loop your experiencing. If it does try downloading the firmware from the UK playstation website, stick it on a memory stick and try updating like that.

Beggars are operating on this train, please do NOT encourage professional beggars, if you have any spare change you can give it to me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 70 (38,630 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, how ever, this didnt work, when I switch power on, it will try to run installation and after 45% is run, it gives the failure  8002F1F0. So there is nothing much to do.. how about the others? did it work for you? 

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 70 (38,626 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

[ Edited ]

There are two phases for the firmware update, downloading the firmware and installing the firmware.

Did the firmware get downloaded, or is that the screen it gets stuck on?

Message Edited by SgtBarnes on 01-11-2009 01:44 PM

Beggars are operating on this train, please do NOT encourage professional beggars, if you have any spare change you can give it to me.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 70 (38,621 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

It says that latest update operation failed to finnish, and that system will re-try the update. So I guess its update phase when it gets stuck.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 70 (38,612 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Playstation Staff

So basically the first message describes the problem in correct way.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 70 (38,617 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 2

Playstation Staff

Its very likely that the PS3 is bricked if the update didn`t finish correctly.

You could try this guide

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?message.uid=39144801

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 70 (38,631 Views)
0 Kudos

Playstation Staff

Betreff: Re: Betreff: Stuck in system update loop- error 8002F1F0

[ Edited ]

I solved my problem!

As the update started i pulled out the HDD (litte plastic cover on bottom of the PS3 and one screw). And then it run to 99% and stopped without any message. Then i unplugged the power to restart the system. At the next restart it run to 45% again and then jumped to 100%. Now my system is updated correctly and runs just like it should.

I hope this solution works on your system too.

With best regards... 

Nachricht bearbeitet durch Schmhll am 01-11-2009 02:40 PM
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 70 (38,624 Views)
0 Kudos