28 Oct 2012
By: kevinster87

2 Posts

System wont restore itself

8 Replies 407 Views Created 28-10-2012

My playstation keeps telling me my file storage is corrupted and it will restore it but when the playstation restarts it says the same thing again and I have been trying this for over an hour?

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9 (407 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

Re: System wont restore itself

Hi ALL

PROBLEM

if you read the other forums you will notice alot of gamers have simular problems since the 4.3 update ,it seams to kill your HHD im calling it the SONY VIRUS or SONY AIDS (i dont want to cause any offence ) but its the only way i can explain the evil SONY update 

If SONY would like to coment on this please do as im dying to know whats happened and if you can explain ill retract my staitment about the Virus comment

SOLUTION

The only solution that works at the moment that i know of because i have done it is by replacing your HHD and losing all your off line data ,it then works like a brand new machine which now ive reinstalled profiles and game updates etc (fifa13 COD 3 Black Ops etc) im back on line and all works fine

PLEASE REPLY SONY

I am a member of SONY have emailed SONY and they just ask to call ,so i phoned them and just end up waiting in QUEs but cant get through and it not a fre line

Why hasnt there been any acknowledgment by SONY of this problem ,there should at least be something on their website to at least say "We are looking into it " or say anything but to say nothing.

To me that shows they do give a F£*K about there customers (and after ive bought all the playstations ,TVs ,Surround sounds ,video recorders ,DVD players ,Hi Fi ,Sony Erickson Mobile phones etc etc you get the picture but now they can kiss my a$%s) if you can not even rspond to valid customer.

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9 (399 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Can you get in PS3 safe mode?
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9 (395 Views)
0 Kudos

How do I get into the PS3 safe mode, as I can not get past the restore part.
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9 (378 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 3

I used the PS3 safe mode feature and managed to get it to work ..... Eventually :smileysad:. Basically the only option which resolved the 'Restore Loop Bug' (as it shall now be known), was to carry out a full system format. Luckily I did not have much on the system as its my second system, but it does mean you have to re-download everything.
òÓ

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9 (377 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 1

To get into safe mode........turn everything off, even unplug at wall. Then plug everything back on and when the red light is on showing that it is standby mode, press and hold the power button. Youw ill heer a beep after 5 secs, keep holding the power button until a second beep is heard which will cause the system to turn itself off again. THEN, press and hold the power button again, you will hear another beep after 5 secs, keep holding button until you hear 2 beeps which should be another couple of seconds later, and then let go of the power utton. You will now be in safe mode with a set of 6 different options. Ta da. There you go, safe mode
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9 (373 Views)
0 Kudos

i know this sounds stupid but how do i format it

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9 (238 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Here's the safe mode instructions - go through them from steps 2-5
Follow fi8767 on Twitter
Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Kudos
Level 13

Here's the link :smileywink: PlayStation 3 | Safe Mode Guide. I think fi forgot to link you to it!

Please use plain text.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9 (191 Views)
0 Kudos